Groups

Dreambox DM800 HD

Anyone got one of these? I just ordered one in desperation to get hd for the world cup, recommendations on what dish and accessories i need would be very useful!

I have been looking around for motorised dish kits but i don't see anything thats good value

40 Comments

I thought they were a cable reciever box and now a satelite reciever!!!!

Banned

poolielad;8785570

I thought they were a cable reciever box and now a satelite reciever!!!!

It's always been a satellite box. The cable variations came later.

OP where are you located? This would make a difference on the dish size you would need. As it happens, I have a 1.2m for sale in the FS section, though unless you want Nilesat, it's bigger than you need.

Wizard Sat tend to have some reasonable dish packages.

Also, you might light to have a gander at the "Roll up Roll Up" satellite thread I started a while ago. Are you looking to use CCCam?

90cm dish & motor (£100 for both), plenty of places to order from.

Did you get the real box or a clone ? (if your unsure, how much was it and where from & I'll tell you).

If you have the clone, you may have a few issues we can try & iron out now.

As Guv says, join the Roll Up thread ;-)

Banned

ChrisUK;8785684

90cm dish & motor (£100 for both), plenty of places to order from.Did you … 90cm dish & motor (£100 for both), plenty of places to order from.Did you get the real box or a clone ? (if your unsure, how much was it and where from & I'll tell you).If you have the clone, you may have a few issues we can try & iron out now.As Guv says, join the Roll Up thread ;-)

LOL.... Seems ]it was its birthday yesterday!

Hi Sat savvy folk, I currently have sky HD in my living room, sky + in the bedroom and normal sky in my daughters bedroom, my question is it possible to use any of the boxes mentioned with my existing sky dish which has a 6 way lnb on it to give me a similar setup in each of the rooms mentioned, so basically freesat HD in the living room, freesat + in the bedroom and freesat in daughters bedroom?
    thanks in advance for any help/advice given

Scotty

Banned

Just checked the price of one of these babies. I whistled.

Banned

scottydont;8786155

Hi Sat savvy folk, I currently have sky HD in my living room, sky + in … Hi Sat savvy folk, I currently have sky HD in my living room, sky + in the bedroom and normal sky in my daughters bedroom, my question is it possible to use any of the boxes mentioned with my existing sky dish which has a 6 way lnb on it to give me a similar setup in each of the rooms mentioned, so basically freesat HD in the living room, freesat + in the bedroom and freesat in daughters bedroom?thanks in advance for any help/advice given

Not sure I follow the question!

Dont you already have this setup working? Or are you asking if you can run the boxes from your 6 way LNB for freesat? You can. (If that was the question!)

Banned

master_chief;8786170

Just checked the price of one of these babies. I whistled.

Yet you have or intend to buy an iPhone? :?

Banned

guv;8786185

Yet you have or intend to buy an iPhone? :?

I also intend on buying one of these at some point too. Just found it to be a little pricey for essentially a Linux box. A sweeter price point for this would be £300.

i've got one, its on a 70cm motorised dish and picks up everything i need, great bit of kit

master_chief;8786258

I also intend on buying one of these at some point too. Just found it to … I also intend on buying one of these at some point too. Just found it to be a little pricey for essentially a Linux box. A sweeter price point for this would be £300.

you can get a clone, whch is what i have for around £170 delivered :thumbsup:

Banned

souljacker;8786296

you can get a clone, whch is what i have for around £170 delivered … you can get a clone, whch is what i have for around £170 delivered :thumbsup:

Are they so identical as to not know the difference? I need a smooth experience, has to be at least as good a user experience as Sky HD.

I've invested a lot of time and effort in my digital home set up and I can't be doing with any more moaning from the OH when something doesn't work perfectly all the time.

master_chief;8786329

Are they so identical as to not know the difference? I need a smooth … Are they so identical as to not know the difference? I need a smooth experience, has to be at least as good a user experience as Sky HD.I've invested a lot of time and effort in my digital home set up and I can't be doing with any more moaning from the OH when something doesn't work perfectly all the time.

yeah mines worked fine for nearly ayear now, you are not going to get as good an epg as sky but as regards to picture quality they are as good

Banned

souljacker;8786571

yeah mines worked fine for nearly ayear now, you are not going to get as … yeah mines worked fine for nearly ayear now, you are not going to get as good an epg as sky but as regards to picture quality they are as good

Not fussed about how attractive the EPG is but it needs to be as responsive. Do the boxes ever lock up? Any glitches on playback?

Interesting Soul, any links to this box?

guv;8786178

Not sure I follow the question!Dont you already have this setup working? … Not sure I follow the question!Dont you already have this setup working? Or are you asking if you can run the boxes from your 6 way LNB for freesat? You can. (If that was the question!)

Guv, you sat Oracle type bloke, I currently have the sky stuff rigged through the house in the afore mentioned rooms however I am interested in swapping this for a freesat and freesat HD solution to which I believe you are the man in the know, so my question was is it possible to have a similar setup as my current sky 1 but using freesat boxes/dreambox's or other through my existing sky dish?

cheers mucker

Scotty :thumbsup:

master_chief;8786585

Not fussed about how attractive the EPG is but it needs to be as … Not fussed about how attractive the EPG is but it needs to be as responsive. Do the boxes ever lock up? Any glitches on playback?

on the clone i had there were some glitching issues on a few hd channels, this was sorted with a £2.99 inline amp.

are you just going to use it for sky? of for the other use which most people buy them for :whistling:

Adam2050;8786586

Interesting Soul, any links to this box?

I got mine form a company in china bzt, you get a contact on msn who gives you all the deatils to send payment by paypal, the box arrives 3 days later by dhl, can't find the site at the moment but i still have the email of the contact i used as i've got a few of these boxes for mates:thumbsup:

or you can get one for £195 from a uk source ukdreamshop.co.uk/

Banned

scottydont;8786605

Guv, you sat Oracle type bloke, I currently have the sky stuff rigged … Guv, you sat Oracle type bloke, I currently have the sky stuff rigged through the house in the afore mentioned rooms however I am interested in swapping this for a freesat and freesat HD solution to which I believe you are the man in the know, so my question was is it possible to have a similar setup as my current sky 1 but using freesat boxes/dreambox's or other through my existing sky dish?

Yes. All thats required is a feed from the dish. Obviously, you'd just be limited to the Sky UK offerings by virtue of the dish you are using, but if thats all you wanted.....

Interestingly, you could also use a dreambox or similar to make a multishare in your house without the need for paying the £10 sub per replication (and using your own sky card and all boxed linked into your home network.) (This would need a linux receiver in each room you wanted reception.)All totally legal.

Obviously there are lots of naughty illegal usages... but I dont think HUKD would be too happy at info on how to receive Sky UK, Sky Italia, Sky Germany etc etc etc without paying a sub being published! :w00t:

thanks for the info Guv, I will look into it more now thanks again mate

Banned

souljacker;8786675

I got mine form a company in china bzt, you get a contact on msn who … I got mine form a company in china bzt, you get a contact on msn who gives you all the deatils to send payment by paypal, the box arrives 3 days later by dhl, can't find the site at the moment but i still have the email of the contact i used as i've got a few of these boxes for mates:thumbsup:or you can get one for £195 from a uk source http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/

Sounds good. I will investigate myself further thank you.

Original Poster

Ooo thanks for replies - paid £210 its supposed to be the original not a clone, but its from ebay so we will see.

i bought it for hd BBC and ITV for the world cup but beyond that I will want to look into the more geeky stuff. I'm in belfast and I'd like a smaller dish if possible but i've no idea where to get it and what I need.

I've read a few things saying you need a motorised dish to get the best out at least 1m in size, i would like 80cm motorised if anyone can point me to the source of a decent one of these?

didn't realise there was a satellite thread already, might be loads of help in there already - thanks

markeh;8787124

Ooo thanks for replies - paid £210 its supposed to be the original not a … Ooo thanks for replies - paid £210 its supposed to be the original not a clone, but its from ebay so we will see. i bought it for hd BBC and ITV for the world cup but beyond that I will want to look into the more geeky stuff. I'm in belfast and I'd like a smaller dish if possible but i've no idea where to get it and what I need.I've read a few things saying you need a motorised dish to get the best out at least 1m in size, i would like 80cm motorised if anyone can point me to the source of a decent one of these?didn't realise there was a satellite thread already, might be loads of help in there already - thanks

It is very unlikely it is an original if you got it for £210 off ebay, is it new or a used one?

Banned

markeh;8787124

Ooo thanks for replies - paid £210 its supposed to be the original not a … Ooo thanks for replies - paid £210 its supposed to be the original not a clone, but its from ebay so we will see. i bought it for hd BBC and ITV for the world cup but beyond that I will want to look into the more geeky stuff. I'm in belfast and I'd like a smaller dish if possible but i've no idea where to get it and what I need.I've read a few things saying you need a motorised dish to get the best out at least 1m in size, i would like 80cm motorised if anyone can point me to the source of a decent one of these?didn't realise there was a satellite thread already, might be loads of help in there already - thanks

LOL.. There is no "official" thread! That term is for the numpties! :-D

OK, I'd say you probably will need an 80cm dish from your location. I know Ive used an Irish (general) forum, which had a pretty good satellite section. That would have been useful if I could remember the URL. (I'm at work - but I know I bought my AZBox through a company on there (Soare TV I thought it was called.. but cant find it in a search - but are based in Ireland.)

But as you already know.... bigger is better in your location.

Original Poster

souljacker;8787161

It is very unlikely it is an original if you got it for £210 off ebay, is … It is very unlikely it is an original if you got it for £210 off ebay, is it new or a used one?

supposed to be new, i was in a bit of a rush for the world cup

guv;8787218

LOL.. There is no "official" thread! That term is for the numpties! … LOL.. There is no "official" thread! That term is for the numpties! :-DOK, I'd say you probably will need an 80cm dish from your location. I know Ive used an Irish (general) forum, which had a pretty good satellite section. That would have been useful if I could remember the URL. (I'm at work - but I know I bought my AZBox through a company on there (Soare TV I thought it was called.. but cant find it in a search - but are based in Ireland.)But as you already know.... bigger is better in your location.

i can't find any decent places to buy a dish round here, i was looking at this:

amazon.co.uk/Sat…8-1

any thoughts?

Banned

markeh;8787934

supposed to be new, i was in a bit of a rush for the world cup

Definately a fake then. £170 would have been the expected price for a clone.

i can't find any decent places to buy a dish round here, i was looking at … i can't find any decent places to buy a dish round here, i was looking at this:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satgear-80cm-Motorised-Satellite-Dish/dp/B003G4CBOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276001805&sr=8-1any thoughts?

Id be lying if I said you cant do any better, but it will do the job.

You want a 90cm one (just tell the misses it is the smallest one you can get). Got mine off eBay about 5 years ago !

Original Poster

it'll all be worth it when i watch that opening ceremony in sexy hd!

90cm lol i think that might be pushing my luck

Banned

If I got a larger dish (with motor) to pick up some other channels. Will it still be pointing in the same relative direction my Sky one is? If it moves to pick up other satellites, how much movement are we talking? Can I still fix it to the same wall my Sky one is on?

markeh;8787934

supposed to be new, i was in a bit of a rush for the world cupi can't … supposed to be new, i was in a bit of a rush for the world cupi can't find any decent places to buy a dish round here, i was looking at this:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satgear-80cm-Motorised-Satellite-Dish/dp/B003G4CBOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276001805&sr=8-1any thoughts?

similar one at wizard satellite:

wizardsatellite.co.uk/ind…211
    master_chief;8788074

If I got a larger dish (with motor) to pick up some other channels. Will … If I got a larger dish (with motor) to pick up some other channels. Will it still be pointing in the same relative direction my Sky one is? If it moves to pick up other satellites, how much movement are we talking? Can I still fix it to the same wall my Sky one is on?

the main sats are from 1w to 28 e so in theroy you should be able to put it where your sky dish is as long as there is clear line of sight and the dish can move without being restricted by wall etc

You'll most likely want 28E to 30W

Original Poster

I'm new to all this but - if you have an iphone or android phone theres an app called dish finder. if you hold it up above the horizon it shows exactly where the satellites are. it gives you a good idea of exactly how much movement there will be, the satellites all seem to be southeast to southwest.

please correct me if this is wrong

For the above, I was just thinking of Hispasat.

Upto 1W if not including this

ChrisUK;8788138

really? i've never bothered with anything past 1w, what am i missing from the others?

I've only bothered with it a few times for some football games - but most are on 13E, 19E or 1W.

lyngsat.com/his…tml

Banned

ChrisUK;8788138

I've got from 43E to 34W..... but I only ever bother with 28E, 19E, 13E and 1W

souljacker;8786656

on the clone i had there were some glitching issues on a few hd channels, … on the clone i had there were some glitching issues on a few hd channels, this was sorted with a £2.99 inline amp.are you just going to use it for sky? of for the other use which most people buy them for :whistling:

Hi
    what would the inline amp do? is it easy to fit?
    thanks

Hajoony;8793806

Hiwhat would the inline amp do? is it easy to fit?thanks

it just boosts the signal, very easy to fit, you just need to make a patch lead:thumbsup:

http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/img/p/32-80-large.jpg

souljacker;8794577

it just boosts the signal, very easy to fit, you just need to make a … it just boosts the signal, very easy to fit, you just need to make a patch lead:thumbsup:

Is this different from making changes in LNB configuration and saying "yes" to increase voltage?
    Just a thought (might be none sense!) would this increase the weak signals? For e.g can you I get the Badrsat which requires 100 cm dish on my 65cm dish?
    Thanks

Hajoony;8801564

Is this different from making changes in LNB configuration and saying … Is this different from making changes in LNB configuration and saying "yes" to increase voltage?Just a thought (might be none sense!) would this increase the weak signals? For e.g can you I get the Badrsat which requires 100 cm dish on my 65cm dish? Thanks

no it won't increase the signal from the sat to the dish, just from the dish to the receiver
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions