Dreambox dm800 hd HELP

Found 4th Nov 2011
Right heres the problem, Got a dreambox dm800 hn the orther da from hng knog,bought it from am american website. Had it connected to the tv it seam it had eminga2 load on it. The when i went to conecting to the net and updating it it went all wrong. No when i switch it on it comes up with eerror01 no ca found. I have flashed with dreamup and it goes ok and the lcd changes and the ip address comes up. Then i flash new iage on it which tae over an hour it says complete. I leave for anothe 10-12 minutes and pull the power out,then when i reboot it just does the same no ca found. Have been at this fro yesterday and flash it a number of time with different images but still the same Pease can anyone help with a step by step guide. I am use a null odem cable connected to my workstation running windows 7 utimate 64 bit
Community Updates
MiscDreambox
36 Comments
you flashed the image but forget to flash the bootloader hence the error message.. plenty of dedicated websites for this problem and the fix

which first do i use dreamup to flah the bootloader first then the image ? have been on all sorts of forums but none are clear can up help Please???
Cant you flash an image via IE ?

Takes about 30 seconds.....
Yeah null modem is useful if you've done a bad flash, but rest of the time just use internet explorer
ChrisUK

Cant you flash an image via IE ?Takes about 30 seconds.....

not a this time a bit a a mess here right now, just havent got another lan to conect to router, It takes around 70-75 minutes via null modem cable. I have flashed it with the bootloader first there now and am loading the image now. Should this work?
Not sure mate, last time I flashed an image, it had the updated bootloader within it (75 to 82).

Again, done it via IE.
Definitely shouldn't take 70 minutes by null modem - btw have you made sure the bootloader is the right one? i.e. ferrari sim or sim 2.01
how do i check if i have the right bootloader
drasim

Definitely shouldn't take 70 minutes by null modem - btw have you made … Definitely shouldn't take 70 minutes by null modem - btw have you made sure the bootloader is the right one? i.e. ferrari sim or sim 2.01

ok bit over around 55 minutes usinf dreamup, that what it says at the bottom when uploading image
normally is very slow with a null model cable, flashing a DM500 and image size is around 5MB takes around 15 minutes. and as the image size of a dm800 is bigger then it will take longer, and then 50 minutes, doesnt suprise me
One way to check is the page where you bought it from - they should state what sim comes with the unit. You get a choice of those 2 sims.
That reminds me...... I still haven't loaded an image on the dm500 I bought a few months back!
Try this mate

First open a telnet window
then type in ip of dm800 192.168.1.XXX
user is root
default password is dreambox
then type ipkg list and press return

this is dreambox second stage- BL

dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 - (so this example would be BL75)

Once you know your bootloader, you can find your SIM version by the following:

BL72 is sim 2.0
BL75 or 76 is sim 2.01
Once you have those details, we can recommned an image
here all i have on the box

Dreambox 800 HD DM800 HD PVR Satellite Receiver Description:

Features:

- 300 MHz MIPS Processor
- Linux Operating System
- OLED - Display
- MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding
- Tuner: DVB-S, optional: DVB-C, DVB-T
- Tuner Module, Plug&Play
- 1 x Smartcard-Reader
- V.24/RS232 Interface
- 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface
- 1 x Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)
- DVI
- 2 x USB 2.0
- analog modem
- S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
- 64 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM
- SATA
- for use either as internal SATA HDD 2,5?
- or to use for extern eSATA

- unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
- channel-change time - automatic service scan
- directly bouquet-lists
- EPG (electronic program guide)
- multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC)
- OSD in many languages and skin-support
- Videotext Decoder
- extern 12V power supply

DreamBox DM800 technical data

DBS-Tuner mit DVB-S2:

Frequency Range ?950 .... 2150 MHz
Demodulation DVB-S (QPSK); DVB-S2 (8PSK,QPSK)
Symbol rate DVB-S: 2 ... 45 Mbaud/s, SCPC/ MCPC
DVB-S2: 10 ? 31 Mbaud/s (8PSK) , 10 ?30 Mbaud/s (QPSK)

Video decoder:
Video Compression MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 compatible, H.246
Video Formats 4:3 / 16:9
Letterbox for 4:3 TV-Device

Audio decoder:
Audiokompression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo
Frequency: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz

Output analog:
Output Level L/R 0,5 Vss on 600 Ohm
THD > 60 dB (1 kHz)
Crosstalk < -65 dB

Output digital:
Output Level 0,5 Vss on 75 Ohm
Sampled Data Filtering 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
S/PDIF-Output optical, Toslink

Ausgang Video:
Ausgangspegel FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB an 75 Ohm

Video parameter:
Input Level FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB on 75 Ohm
Teletext filter in conformity with ETS 300 472 Standard

TV-Scart:
Output: FBAS, RGB, S-Video

Serielle Interface RS 232:
Typ RS232 bidirectional
Bitrate 115,2 kBit/s max.
Plug Connector SUB-D-9
Function: Update of Firmware

Ethernet:
10/100 MBit compatible interface
Function: Update of Firmware

Analoge modem:
analoge modem for Internet connection

SATA Interface:
- for use either as internal HDD 2,5? or eSATAor internal 2,5" HDD

USB
2 x USB 2.0 Host

LNB power and polarisation per tuner:
LNB Current 500mA max.; short-circuit-protected
LNB Voltage vertical 11,5V at 400mA
LNB Voltage horizontal 17,3V at 400mA

Count of active satellite position:
DiSEqC 1.0/1.2 SAT POSITION / SAT OPTION
DiSEqC - Rotor Control

Power consumption:
< 15W at?12V

External PSU
Input:
110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 0,6A
Output:
12V = / 3,0A

Physical specification:
Ambient Temperature +15

this is what it says

Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #59, built 20080509

or full

Product Name DM800
Booloader version Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #59, built 20080509
Flash Size 64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD) 2008/11/21
mID 13
Serial Number 52378
MAC Address 00:09:34:28:a4:6c
Printed Serial Number 8B2113000052378

ChrisUK

Try this mateFirst open a telnet windowthen type in ip of dm800 … Try this mateFirst open a telnet windowthen type in ip of dm800 192.168.1.XXXuser is rootdefault password is dreamboxthen type ipkg list and press returnthis is dreambox second stage- BLdreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 - (so this example would be BL75)Once you know your bootloader, you can find your SIM version by the following:BL72 is sim 2.0BL75 or 76 is sim 2.01

What the hell have you done ????

What happens if you type the box IP into Internet explorer ?

if i type in the ip 192.168 ++++ it come up with a simple window which says the box hasn't booted to linux and gives me the option for firmware update the info i gave you is what i get when i select system info on that page

ChrisUK

What the hell have you done ????What happens if you type the box IP into … What the hell have you done ????What happens if you type the box IP into Internet explorer ?

Thats good,

My box is around the same age as yours & from China as well. I can give you something to try which may resolve all your issues, but the disclaimer is that if it f***s up, its not my fault.....
i did some looking about and found this digitalworldz.co.uk/272…tml for bootloader. done that with dreamup and now am uploading image which is engima2
OK

Google & download this file (you may need to sign upto a forum to download it) - sim201-SS82-dreamelite-133dv3-dm800-13052011-PHOENIX edition 2

Unzip it to your C: Drive somewhere easy to access

Now, turn off your DM800, press the button on the front of the box & while holding this button, turn on the power again.

An IP address should appear - take note of this.

Enter the IP into Internet Explorer (Firefox wont work)

It should come up with a web interface window for your box - if so, at the bottom will be a link for a firmware upgrade.

Browse for the image you previously unzipped (should be .nfi file) - then click Flash.

It should fly through this in a minute or two. Once at 100% give it a minute to be on the safe side, unplug your DM800, put it back in & re-boot your box.

Hopefully this has sorted it out & you can owe me several pints of strong lager
wright but one problem. when i boot the box up straight away it goes to error01 no ca found even if i hold the button in. I have use dreamup to get it to show the ip and then shut dreamup dowm,Now i have login to the box with the ip and will upload he firmware, Do you think this will sort me out,Still waiting for file to download
If you can get to the web interface window with that IP, I'd certainly give it a go.

That file will upgrade your BL & then install the image file (best image out there imo).

Once your sorted, we'll sort you out with a channel list lol
Got it thanks man ou saved my life Your the best. No just have to set up for ou know what?? lol
Glad that worked mate - please send the beer to ChrisUK, Liverpool.....lol

You need a channel list to upload via DreamBoxEdit ?
Done one for you anyway - from June, but should be still upto date.

I've sorted out a load of boquets etc, load of people use it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lq10u707e1s1out

If you like it I'll get a more upto date one sorted over the weekend.

Cheers

Chris
Thanks man, This is the first one i am doing but got orders for around another 6-10 to do over xmass so this is a dummy run it for my brother. have a lad to get the c lines off but if you know someon better and cheap let me know? m lad charger 125 for 12 months
dougle34

Thanks man, This is the first one i am doing but got orders for around … Thanks man, This is the first one i am doing but got orders for around another 6-10 to do over xmass so this is a dummy run it for my brother. have a lad to get the c lines off but if you know someon better and cheap let me know? m lad charger 125 for 12 months

Poor people, buying a box off of someone that has no idea about them.
dougle34

Thanks man, This is the first one i am doing but got orders for around … Thanks man, This is the first one i am doing but got orders for around another 6-10 to do over xmass so this is a dummy run it for my brother. have a lad to get the c lines off but if you know someon better and cheap let me know? m lad charger 125 for 12 months

this is what is killing the cs scene, NDS are currently testing some anti cs on some channels like Pick TV and wont suprised me if this is rolled out within the next 6 months - probably in line to when the channels are moved to the new Astra 1N satellite.
dougle34

Cheaper is not always better & in practice, are normally overloaded & glitchy.

Test out a few first & consider a bit more research into the boxes before doing anything else for family/friends.
dougle34

Personally would forget DM800 if you're not going to use EPG's or a 2nd tuner - openbox s10 is a pretty good box around £60-70
Cool EPG on the DM800 is spot on mate & the support is brilliant. Never heard of Openbox ??
have a dm800 hd with ual tunner
ChrisUK

Cool EPG on the DM800 is spot on mate & the support is brilliant. Never … Cool EPG on the DM800 is spot on mate & the support is brilliant. Never heard of Openbox ??

Pros:

Cheap HD box
Instant boot
No reboots
built in cline support
easy to import channel listings

Cons:
no internal HD support (usb only)
now and next EPG
No streaming (no web host)

Edited by: "drasim" 5th Nov 2011

this box does support intenal hdd and the epg i have which is blackhole enigma2 does have now and next so what are you on about

drasim

Pros:Cheap HD boxInstant bootNo rebootsbuilt in cline supporteasy to … Pros:Cheap HD boxInstant bootNo rebootsbuilt in cline supporteasy to import channel listingsCons:no internal HD support (usb only)now and next EPGNo streaming (no web host)

dougle34

this box does support intenal hdd and the epg i have which is blackhole … this box does support intenal hdd and the epg i have which is blackhole enigma2 does have now and next so what are you on about

I'm on about the Openbox S10

You mentioned that you have another 6-10 orders to do - I was just saying that if people don't require streaming, 7 day EPG then I suggest Openbox as it's a lot easier to configure and less for end users to worry about

Edited by: "drasim" 5th Nov 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants