Groups

Dreambox satellite setup. Anyone got one?

Im thinking of doing this so i recieve all prem games next season. does anybody have one, how hard is it to set up

13 Comments

I was thinking of it but worked out not cheap. You will need to buy decent Dreambox first (there are a lot of fake Chineses version). Yo will need to choose which one HD one or recording one-PVR. Or both HD and PVR which comes around £400. Then have you dish poiting to right direction, then subscribe to code sharing sites. Afterwards properly patch the box with hacked software. If it does not sound hard and expensive go for it there are a lot of forums describing how to o it.

Banned

boydent999;5836360

Ask in ]Guv's Satellite Dish ThreadHe's alright for a Spurs fan

Watch it!

OP - unless you specifically want HD, just buy an Eagle box from Alsat for £59 (I think?)

Same thing as a DM500.

You would need a nul modem cable to connect it to a PC to load an Image to the box before you can start playing. Then once done, it needs to be connected online and one line of code added (if I'm correct in thinking what I think you're thinking!!!!)

Original Poster

i was thinking the dreambox 800hd and a moterised sat. lookin around £450-£500 i think all fitted. This isnt to bad. i want it in another room aswell, i take it that this is not possible with a moterised dish. anybody know how i could do this.

Banned

thevman2k3;5836592

i was thinking the dreambox 800hd and a moterised sat. lookin around … i was thinking the dreambox 800hd and a moterised sat. lookin around £450-£500 i think all fitted. This isnt to bad. i want it in another room aswell, i take it that this is not possible with a moterised dish. anybody know how i could do this.

You haven't a chance in hell of buying a DM800, Dish, Motor, Cables, LNB and install for £4-500.

I just bought the above and it cost far more than that - without any install costs (since I did it myself)

Not sure what you mean by wanting it in another room. Just install it in whatever room you want.

guv;5836928

You haven't a chance in hell of buying a DM800, Dish, Motor, Cables, LNB … You haven't a chance in hell of buying a DM800, Dish, Motor, Cables, LNB and install for £4-500.I just bought the above and it cost far more than that - without any install costs (since I did it myself)Not sure what you mean by wanting it in another room. Just install it in whatever room you want.

I think he means he wants it in two rooms.

Banned

Frankie1;5837014

I think he means he wants it in two rooms.

Then he'd need to spend another £400 on another DM800 - unless he's happy with watching the same channel in both rooms.

He could just run "dreamview" and watch it via a HTPC or lappy. That'd work fine - though only in SD.

iliko;5836407

I was thinking of it but worked out not cheap. You will need to buy … I was thinking of it but worked out not cheap. You will need to buy decent Dreambox first (there are a lot of fake Chineses version). Yo will need to choose which one HD one or recording one-PVR. Or both HD and PVR which comes around £400. Then have you dish poiting to right direction, then subscribe to code sharing sites. Afterwards properly patch the box with hacked software. If it does not sound hard and expensive go for it there are a lot of forums describing how to o it.

I've got a chinese clone and it was very cheap, works fine

Why do you say it needs to be hd and a pvr? :? you really don't need all this if you ut want to watch the footy, the card sharing is very cheap for what you get

souljacker;5837315

I've got a chinese clone and it was very cheap, works fine Why do you say … I've got a chinese clone and it was very cheap, works fine Why do you say it needs to be hd and a pvr? :? you really don't need all this if you ut want to watch the footy, the card sharing is very cheap for what you get

No, I do not say it should be HD and PVR, I am just telling that person may want it as an option. Once investing some money why not to have HD and PVR?

iliko;5836407

I was thinking of it but worked out not cheap. You will need to buy … I was thinking of it but worked out not cheap. You will need to buy decent Dreambox first (there are a lot of fake Chineses version). Yo will need to choose which one HD one or recording one-PVR. Or both HD and PVR which comes around £400. Then have you dish poiting to right direction, then subscribe to code sharing sites. Afterwards properly patch the box with hacked software. If it does not sound hard and expensive go for it there are a lot of forums describing how to o it.

by what you said there it's either hd, pvr or both.

non of which are required.

You can get a standard dreambox500s for around £60 as opposed to a hd one which is around £300, big difference if he only wants if for premier league footy :thumbsup:

Banned

iliko;5837581

No, I do not say it should be HD and PVR, I am just telling that person … No, I do not say it should be HD and PVR, I am just telling that person may want it as an option. Once investing some money why not to have HD and PVR?

Probably because the price options increase with the DM8000 to £900 to have a decent dual tuner HD PVR.

That said, I'd never do that (such a rip off price.) I'd suggest if they wanted that, to by the AZbox Elite or Premium (£250 / £310 respectively, then plus £60 for second tuner)

Original Poster

£250-£300 for a dreambox 800 clone. I have had original 600, my mate has cloned 600 and 800's work exactly same. no probs what so ever.

£150 for the mot 1m dish, lnb and fitting included.

£400-£450 all in. not bad at all..

what you guys think of that......

in regards to multiroom, i have a projector which i would love to watch football on. but also a family tv in the next room, i would ike it in both but am not sure how this is possible. was thinking of a hdmi splitter but not to sure. can anyone help with a great idea how i could do this

Be careful with clones, not all images are compatible.

As per the above, your best of with a motorised set-up to take real advantage of a Dreambox ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?1633
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …185475
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1847
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1022

See more discussions