DreamLab: Join smartphone users across the UK and fight against cancer while you sleep - free @ Google Play via Vodafone

Posted 17th Jan
has been posted a couple of times I see, but nothing for a while - get those calculations crunching!

vodafone.co.uk/dre…ab/

Join smartphone users across the UK and fight against cancer while you sleepIntroducing DreamLab – a free app from Vodafone Foundation that enables thousands of people to help speed up vital cancer research while they sleep. Download DreamLab today, #SleepLikeAHero tonight.

ChargeDownload the DreamLab app, choose a project to support, and each time your phone is plugged in, charged, and connected to the internet, you’ll be helping the fight against cancer. (IOS users will need to press Power DreamLab).
play.google.com/sto…_US
apps.apple.com/us/…275

3390186.jpg

SleepCharge your phone overnight and, while you #SleepLikeAHero, DreamLab taps into its unused processing power to support vital cancer research.

3390186.jpg

Fight CancerAlongside thousands of other DreamLab users, you’ll be using your phone to power a virtual supercomputer, capable of processing billions of calculations – and helping research into better ways to fight cancer.

3390186.jpg

How DreamLab is helping the fight against cancerEvery time our DreamLab app users #SleepLikeAHero they’ll be supporting Project DRUGS at Imperial College. This important research involves analysing billions of combinations of existing cancer drugs to identify how they can be adjusted to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of cancer treatment in the UK.

And the mobile data is on us …If you’re a Vodafone customer, and using your phone while connected to our mobile network in the UK, we won’t charge you for the data to power DreamLab. So you can sleep easy, knowing you’re helping to fight cancer, and it won’t cost you a thing. See our FAQs and Terms and Conditions for full details.
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
Hope.your phone has got decent CPU cooling then, or even a foil strip at least.
May be better idea to do research in to reasons why more and more people.. Are getting cancer in this modern technology era..
Took 5 mins for the sceptics to arrive
polarbaba17/01/2020 11:55

Hope.your phone has got decent CPU cooling then, or even a foil strip at …Hope.your phone has got decent CPU cooling then, or even a foil strip at least.

My phone hasn't melted yet...
It’s a great idea in principle, but I think using your mobile phone is a bit limiting. Are there applications like that for desktop PCs?
arczi1917/01/2020 12:04

It’s a great idea in principle, but I think using your mobile phone is a b …It’s a great idea in principle, but I think using your mobile phone is a bit limiting. Are there applications like that for desktop PCs?

Limiting? How many active smartphones are there currently in the world? A couple at least.

foldingathome.org/
Edited by: "rev6" 17th Jan
buliztik17/01/2020 12:02

Took 5 mins for the sceptics to arrive

Prevention is better than cure

Is now proven that diet plays a huge part in the formation and progression of these diseases.
Please look at removing carcinogenic foods from diets, as well as other known causes such as smoking, and lack of exercise.

I would want everyone to have excellent health, But we sometimes don't help ourselves .

This is why sharing this knowledge is key.
Edited by: "polarbaba" 17th Jan
Blahblahblahlol17/01/2020 11:57

May be better idea to do research in to reasons why more and more people.. …May be better idea to do research in to reasons why more and more people.. Are getting cancer in this modern technology era..

Are they? Or are Dr's better at diagnosing? Maybe in the 1900's there were MRI and CT scanners to diagnose such diseases and they died of "natural causes" on the death certificate. Just a thought....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants