Dreamweaver CS4 Help Please!

10 replies
Found 24th Oct 2009
Right i havent used dreamweaver in ages and im having a play around at the moment and the last time i used it was when i had dreamweaver 8!

Back then i use to use frames, however it seems now i have to use div/ap div but ive done the layout for my site (the very basics) but for adding text to the actual pages im having difficulty...in the editable area i made on the template if i add a ap div its absolutely positioned whereas i think i want it relative. but when i set it to relative it pushes the editable region from outside the page down to the bottom!

Any help anyone?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Div/ap div are fine if you site is set to top and left but if your making it center, i would use tables if you have not used it for a while..

Hope this helps

Original Poster

cs_elvis;6679774

Div/ap div are fine if you site is set to top and left but if your making … Div/ap div are fine if you site is set to top and left but if your making it center, i would use tables if you have not used it for a while..Hope this helps

cheers, so where should i start with the tables though? on the template im making for all the pages? or just page by page?

As if i delete the editable section as that is what is causing the AP problem then when i add a table is adding it where i dont want it and dont seem to be able to move it easily.

cs_elvis;6679774

Div/ap div are fine if you site is set to top and left but if your making … Div/ap div are fine if you site is set to top and left but if your making it center, i would use tables if you have not used it for a while..Hope this helps

No No No! Tables are for tabular data, not for layouts :roll:

Awoodhall, You don;t need to use "absolute" and "relative" positioning. I only use it when it's hard to get multiple items to position. If it's a simple left and right areas, then use the float command, in the css..

I have DW cs4 but I code to hand so never use it :lol:

Original Poster

faevilangel;6679852

No No No! Tables are for tabular data, not for layouts :roll:Awoodhall, … No No No! Tables are for tabular data, not for layouts :roll:Awoodhall, You don;t need to use "absolute" and "relative" positioning. I only use it when it's hard to get multiple items to position. If it's a simple left and right areas, then use the float command, in the css..I have DW cs4 but I code to hand so never use it :lol:

time to sound even more of an idiot...what code? im not setting my css by hand im afraid just allowing DW to do it. Been a long time since i even made a site and my last one was in dw8 and before that was notepad! :-D

Sorry read your first post wrong,one to many strongbow's i think.:oops:

Original Poster

cs_elvis;6679931

Sorry read your first post wrong,one to many strongbow's i think.:oops:

no worries thanks anyways, wish i could have a drink...or 5.
Im the only one in my house in! :x

I still have DW8 but i'm sure if you open the css file edit each div there, remove the "position" attribute and enter float: left; etc.
When you get to the space after float: dreamweaver will prompt with the options.

Original Poster

vinnyabdn;6680112

I still have DW8 but i'm sure if you open the css file edit each div … I still have DW8 but i'm sure if you open the css file edit each div there, remove the "position" attribute and enter float: left; etc.When you get to the space after float: dreamweaver will prompt with the options.

i think im going to start again wholly in DW cs4 so i know what to do and where im going wrong when it messes up.

Banned

faevilangel;6679852

I have DW cs4 but I code to hand so never use it :lol:

Crikey! I've never heard you say that before! :w00t:

guv;6680181

Crikey! I've never heard you say that before! :w00t:

that i have DW CS4 :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216634
    2. Lower car insurance21
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...1518
    4. Hope of a cure for asthma22

See more discussions