Drill advice

Posted 1st Apr
Anyone know their drills.

Looking for a good standard drill that can handle a bit more then just at home DIY.

Which would you pick;

its.co.uk/pd/…htm

Or

toolden.co.uk/pow…on/

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I would go for the extra battery with the DeWalt, between the two drills there probably isn't much in it.
Would go for dewalt
Nah - go for the Makita - you can get a second battery here for £34, cheaper and better.
Bigfootpete01/04/2020 13:49

Nah - go for the Makita - you can get a second battery here for £34, …Nah - go for the Makita - you can get a second battery here for £34, cheaper and better.

Out of interest, why do you think the Makita is better?
There's probably not much in it these days, but Makita are a very good reliable brand, and most professionals have them, it's rare to seem them this low in price - especially for brushless.
My vote is with the Makita. I had that drill for 8 years before the brushes failed and that was with heavy usage as an electrician. £12 to get a new set and it’s back in action.

However, another option is the Mikita DHP484, it’s about £84 but you’d need to get batteries and the charger separately. That’s my daily drill and it’s even better.
Gotta say, makita absolutely useless. Years ago they were brilliant but in the last 5 years they have gone from bad to worse. Personally i only use Bosch Professional, the switches on makita 18v sds fall out or jam when turning them from hammer to chisel ,the multitool is useless too. The circular saw hasn't got enough power to cut through anything even with a fully charged 4ah battery. I could go on.... I hate makita, love Bosch
Dewalt
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions