Dripping Kitchen Tap - Change Ceramic Disc Valve (Advice please!)

Found 11th Mar
My kitchen tap is dripping. Would love some advice and I have watched over 20 Youtube videos about changing the disc valve/cartridge.

screwfix.com/p/s…aTT

I have a Swirl Mono Mixer Divine Tap (bought from Screwfix) who said buy a cartridge and replace myself. I can't seem to find a way to open the tap - I've tried tugging at the levels, taking a knife to the caps on the side, locating holes/screws on the tap and I cannot seem to find anything. Only thing I have found is a tiny hole at the back, which needs an offset/Phillips screwdriver near the hose of the tap.

Most of the Youtube videos suggest you can remove the hot/cold side of the taps via the levers but I can't seem to do that. Called Screwfix, they told me to watch Youtube when I asked for instructions... Not sure if unscrewing that bit of the tap would help so don't want to open it up to find it's not the right bit.

Any help would be fantastic!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Not a Allen screw inside - Phillips head screw inside.

I tried a pen knife on the sides at the end of the levels - no give...
Yep, I've tried that, and I've tried twisting the metal stick/handle for the taps off too.
I have come across ones similar where the tap levers have a small hole in them close to the tap body. Inside is a grub screw with a small Allen key head. Undo this and the tap lever should slide off.
ScubaDudes14 m ago

What happened when try to unscrews the discs

They just don't budge - I've tried with a wrench.

hubcms26 m ago

I have come across ones similar where the tap levers have a small hole in …I have come across ones similar where the tap levers have a small hole in them close to the tap body. Inside is a grub screw with a small Allen key head. Undo this and the tap lever should slide off.

I think this looks like the only entry point.
If you can’t get it off it might be quicker to just change the tap.
So when you see the little hole, presumably that's in the lever. Slacken the grub screw right off and the lever should pull off.

If it's not that or a screw under the end caps then I'm lost.
Turn water off. Turn tap on and see if there is a small hole on under side of knob and shine light to see what is inside. Probably a small allen key. If no hole then the post unscrews (bit on each tap that points up)
Edited by: "wayners" 11th Mar
wayners2 h, 1 m ago

Turn water off. Turn tap on and see if there is a small hole on under side …Turn water off. Turn tap on and see if there is a small hole on under side of knob and shine light to see what is inside. Probably a small allen key. If no hole then the post unscrews (bit on each tap that points up)

Very good point make sure the water is turned off.
I have a very similar tap and the levers will (with a pair of pliers initially) unscrew. It was tough getting purchase on the round chrome lever but it did eventually unscrew. Once it is off, there will be a grub screw to remove the cover and expose the cartridge, which then needs a spanner to take off (after you turn the water off!).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions