Driver banging doors on other cars in the parking bay

Found 13th Jun 2012
The other day, a lady who was parked next to me came back to pick her car and banged both her right side doors(while opening them) on my car. Even though I was sitting in the car and she could look at me she did not bother.

I was not sure if I should ask her to be careful, but she was with her little one so I did not bother.

But what should I have done in such a case?

Normally I try to park my car in the parking bay so that I leave equal space on both sides and the other drivers parked next to me can open the doors without problems.

Also I myself make it a point that while opening my door does not touch anyone else's car.

Also I have seen most drivers are careful about this.

But, I was amazed to see this lady who did not bother at all.

1. Misc
  2. Car
  3. Door
71 Comments

I would have ripped her head off if I saw her do it to my car.

Banned

I would have made her pay for any damage done to my door

I would have smashed the kids face in and sed

u hit my baby

I hit yours

Original Poster

dj_urban

I would have made her pay for any damage done to my door

How?

Banned

miles136

I would have smashed the kids face in and sedu hit my babyI hit yours

Why are you so aggressive? The same as the other member who just posted, what is wrong with some of you people?

I always try and park on the end of a row or a few bays away from other so this doesn't happen. Can't always do that of course.

I would of definitely have said something even if there was no damage, not to be confrontational but just point out what could have been.

Bullet in the back of the head, if she was indeed Jesu.... Oh wrong thread.

sharkiest

Why are you so aggressive? The same as the other member who just posted, … Why are you so aggressive? The same as the other member who just posted, what is wrong with some of you people?

whose multi r u?

i would have got out of my car and stood arms length from her car. as she reversed i woudl have pulled out my key and she would have a beautiful 1.6mm deep scratch from her passenger side wing to her rear quarter panel.

always park your cars near people with nice cars, because they usually care for their cars and will take every effort not to hit their car door on your car.

but she was with her little one so I did not bother.

Whats this got to do with anything?

I would of got out the car and politely raised the issue and if she was being funny, I would of pointed to the disabled bay and said look, If you carry on being a ****, u'll be using that bay in future
Edited by moderator: "Dont bypass the swear filter." 13th Jun 2012

Exactly the same thing happened to me once and it was the mother and not the child who was both the culprit and carried on as if she had done nothing wrong.

When I asked her for her insurance details such that I was to make a claim, she became very aggressive and told me that I would have to prove it.

Then I pointed to the CCTV cameras watching in and asked if she would prefer that I called the Police to report criminal damage.

Her tune then changed rapidly in the knowledge that this could be rather more serious.

I gave her a lecture and a ticking off about right from wrong, which she knew that she would have to take and then said that i would take it no further on this occasion (which I wasn't going to do anyway) and hoped that her child would see that the behaviour of her parent was something that they should learn from in the right ways.

Her face was so red with embarrassment I could have fried an egg on it.

jonny619447

Whats this got to do with anything?

Obviously scared of the ferally lookin kid X)

Banned

I dont't want to get into a slanging match with you but those type of comments really are uncalled for. I have a six year old child sat here with me. Please refrain from making such mindless comments in the future. I don't think i'm being too unreasonable asking that of you.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

LoveHearts

I would have ripped her head off if I saw her do it to my car.

i think im in love

sharkiest

I dont't want to get into a slanging match with you but those type of … I dont't want to get into a slanging match with you but those type of comments really are uncalled for. I have a six year old child sat here with me. Please refrain from making such mindless comments in the future. I don't think i'm being too unreasonable asking that of you.Thank you very much for your understanding.

Then simply ask the child to move along, move along.

Theres a Homerism that fits here: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

sharkiest

I dont't want to get into a slanging match with you but those type of … I dont't want to get into a slanging match with you but those type of comments really are uncalled for. I have a six year old child sat here with me. Please refrain from making such mindless comments in the future. I don't think i'm being too unreasonable asking that of you.Thank you very much for your understanding.

Eh?

baddev88

Eh?

Multi

Quick... someone post the pic of the woman & the dog. He'll wish he never told you to shut up after that.

lol mikey. I can't mate, I'm gone for a week if I do.

Edited by: "jonny619447" 13th Jun 2012

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/2+Girls+1+Cup_6c7784_3299295.jpg

Rupz

i think im in love

You know you are

I just cannot believe you did not say anything.

Child or no child with her, I know some people are not comfortable with confrontation but I would have been out of my car quicker than Jack Flash (whoever he is).

Has she damaged your car and you are having to pay for it now?
Edited by: "maccy1" 13th Jun 2012

sharkiest

Are you the lady the op is talking about?

Banned

This woman is hiding behind her kid and you fell for it, you SUCKER , grow some

I'd probably have squatted over her windscreen and taken a dump.

sharkiest

MMMMMULTI

reddit

Exactly the same thing happened to me once and it was the mother and not … Exactly the same thing happened to me once and it was the mother and not the child who was both the culprit and carried on as if she had done nothing wrong.When I asked her for her insurance details such that I was to make a claim, she became very aggressive and told me that I would have to prove it.Then I pointed to the CCTV cameras watching in and asked if she would prefer that I called the Police to report criminal damage.Her tune then changed rapidly in the knowledge that this could be rather more serious.I gave her a lecture and a ticking off about right from wrong, which she knew that she would have to take and then said that i would take it no further on this occasion (which I wasn't going to do anyway) and hoped that her child would see that the behaviour of her parent was something that they should learn from in the right ways.Her face was so red with embarrassment I could have fried an egg on it.

+1 to this

miikeyblue

oO

maccy1

oO

She clearly wants to learn the hard way.

Banned

miikeyblue

and then ask her to press her windscreen washers for a bidet-style clean

goldmax

and then ask her to press her windscreen washers for a bidet-style clean … and then ask her to press her windscreen washers for a bidet-style clean

I'd have refused to move until she did.

miikeyblue

TBH you would not have had to, because I am sure you would not have just watched it happen, I find it unreal.

miikeyblue

Is against the law mate

http://nottingham.indymedia.org/system/photo/2011/06/25/2858/squash_poster.jpg

OP, just out of interest, how bad was the damage, if any?

I mean, was it just a gentle knock, or did she smash your back doors in?

jonny619447

Is against the law mate

Like they say on their poster, you can't kill the spirit. If I wanna do it, I will.

Banned

this is why I shop at Waitrose, you know you're safe wedged between a Bently and a Porsche

What would i have done................

I would have sat there like a mouse just wishing i had my keyboard to type into and would have prayed misc were on hand...................

WTF is wrong with you people?

This is the future
http://d22yihw874nvs.cloudfront.net/Car-doors-for-indolent-people_raw.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions