Driver side door can’t be opened on Bmw F30 (3 series) 2013 model from inside or outside, manual key or remote fob.

Found 5th Aug
Does any encounter this? There are quite a lot of similar issues on forum/internet. Some says Bowden cable some says Lock mechanism.

Symptom -
Community Updates
11 Comments
Door definitely hasn't been hit, I.e. reversed into ?
Have you tried manually unlocking using the actual key rather than remote
Edited by: "Wadda" 5th Aug
Wadda3 h, 54 m ago

I think he said that in his post.
Easy answer is to pretend all your passengers are royalty. That way they will be happy sitting in the back.
Wadda6 h, 36 m ago

Wadda6 h, 36 m ago

Yes, I have tried actual key that comes out of key fob. No. It doesn’t unlock the door either. Usually, in bmw, if you wanna to open from inside, you have to pull handle twice to open, right? In this case, that raises the pin slightly but doesn’t open the door. Any ideas or any trick to open the door when lock is inoperable. ?
kester766 h, 59 m ago

Door definitely hasn't been hit, I.e. reversed into ?

No. Lol.. everything is intact.
Did you try to use the indicators by any chance?
fullmoon2 h, 36 m ago

No. Lol.. everything is intact.

Possible something has broken on the locking mech stopping the lock from rolling back. Must be under warranty so shouldn't cost anything. Had the central locking fail on my petrol cap so I know how annoying it is.
kester7615 m ago

Possible something has broken on the locking mech stopping the lock from …Possible something has broken on the locking mech stopping the lock from rolling back. Must be under warranty so shouldn't cost anything. Had the central locking fail on my petrol cap so I know how annoying it is.

i hope. As it is out of warranty for being 5 years old, they might charge me. I’ll see what they say
fullmoon8 m ago

i hope. As it is out of warranty for being 5 years old, they might charge …i hope. As it is out of warranty for being 5 years old, they might charge me. I’ll see what they say

Looks like the mechanism isnt too expensive to fix. Hopefully it will be a quick job.
just disppointed to see it fails in such low mileage.. only has 14K on clock. I had Lexus before with 160K mileage. Not one thing go wrong.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions