Groups

Driveways

Banned
    Anyone any experience fo gettign theres done?

Im after the cheapest way to do it.

No idea where to start tho, will be fitting 2 cards in it.

Have decided to get it done before the cars take any more damage, i know the lil sheets that are doing it but powerless to do anything n the police need 2 witnesses.

New driveway or a few years in jail for murder.....ill take the driveway

25 Comments

Are you looking to do it yourself, or get someone in?

ive done a double driveway before with my girlfriends dad took us 3 days if i remember correctly and about £600 although that was just basic dig out, hardcore, concrete. also was done for a friends family so was on the cheap. obviously had to factor in renting mixer etc.

Original Poster Banned

cw9652;7063144

Are you looking to do it yourself, or get someone in?

well my idea of me doing it would be type 1 concrete lol

i fancied wood chip but others say na :?

hncb0809;7063160

well my idea of me doing it would be type 1 concrete loli fancied wood … well my idea of me doing it would be type 1 concrete loli fancied wood chip but others say na :?

If you want wood chip, then you go for it!! Don't let others tell you what to do

Original Poster Banned

cw9652;7063167

If you want wood chip, then you go for it!! Don't let others tell you … If you want wood chip, then you go for it!! Don't let others tell you what to do

lol

i know, i envisage the lil barstewards setting it alight

hncb0809;7063181

lol i know, i envisage the lil barstewards setting it alight

Do you live in Luton............. :?
    dcx_badass;7063192

Why not just move somewhere nice?

Good call right there ^^

whaaaaaaaaaa

hdizzle;7063273

whaaaaaaaaaa

t :?

Carley;7063290

How is a driveway going to stop them doing things to your car?

It's going to have wood chip ;-)

Carley;7063290

This? oh and "cards" go on the drive, not in it! :whistling:
    Don't forget if you put down a non porous surface you may need planning permission.

Original Poster Banned

Carley;7063290

they aint targeting me as such its just any car.

done all the windows in a car at the weekend n 5 other windscreens

Your OP implies that doing the drive will stop the car getting damaged though?

Goonieman;7068505

Your OP implies that doing the drive will stop the car getting damaged … Your OP implies that doing the drive will stop the car getting damaged though?

im guessing at present he leaves his car on the roadside and thus having a drive it will be on his own property behind a gate possible and thus less likely to damage it.

Original Poster Banned

Goonieman;7068505

Your OP implies that doing the drive will stop the car getting damaged … Your OP implies that doing the drive will stop the car getting damaged though?

its a known fact that a car in a drive is less likely to be targeted

i may be wrong & this might need clarification, but i think driveways now require planning permission from December 08. The reason i think this is the case is we were having an extension built & i was on about getting the drive block paved, but my builder mate said if i did, i was to do it before december as i would have to apply for planning permission & you cant just stick any old drive down it has to comply with certain regs.

like i said this would need clarifcation.

this is a good site for paving, ]Paving Expert.com

edit: just found this re planning permission ]Planning Portal.gov.uk

Original Poster Banned

richp;7069843

i may be wrong & this might need clarification, but i think driveways now … i may be wrong & this might need clarification, but i think driveways now require planning permission from December 08. The reason i think this is the case is we were having an extension built & i was on about getting the drive block paved, but my builder mate said if i did, i was to do it before december as i would have to apply for planning permission & you cant just stick any old drive down it has to comply with certain regs.like i said this would need clarifcation.this is a good site for paving, ]Paving Expert.com

its my own land tho :?

richp;7069843

i may be wrong & this might need clarification, but i think driveways now … i may be wrong & this might need clarification, but i think driveways now require planning permission from December 08. The reason i think this is the case is we were having an extension built & i was on about getting the drive block paved, but my builder mate said if i did, i was to do it before december as i would have to apply for planning permission & you cant just stick any old drive down it has to comply with certain regs.like i said this would need clarifcation.this is a good site for paving, ]Paving Expert.com

havent checked this link (so might be on about the same thing) but AFAIK you need planning permission to drop the kerb for access to the drive (unless you dont mind damaging your wheels everytime you put it away :))

lil_tiger;7069878

havent checked this link (so might be on about the same thing) but AFAIK … havent checked this link (so might be on about the same thing) but AFAIK you need planning permission to drop the kerb for access to the drive (unless you dont mind damaging your wheels everytime you put it away :))

It's not about wheels, it's about damage to underground pipes etc. As for the drive, it needs to be water permeable OR have a runoff INTO the garden ie away from the street.

hncb0809;7069873

its my own land tho :?

my driveway is my own as well, I still need permission.

nothing is truely yours, if the council want to compulsory purchase some of your land then they will !

Shengis;7069929

It's not about wheels, it's about damage to underground pipes etc. As for … It's not about wheels, it's about damage to underground pipes etc. As for the drive, it needs to be water permeable OR have a runoff INTO the garden ie away from the street.

I have low profile tyres and alloys.....been told going up any kerb will scratch/scuff/damage them

edit: ohhh I think you mean thats the need of it from their POV lol.....I meant the benifit to the user

lil_tiger;7070007

I have low profile tyres and alloys.....been told going up any kerb will … I have low profile tyres and alloys.....been told going up any kerb will scratch/scuff/damage them :)edit: ohhh I think you mean thats the need of it from their POV lol.....I meant the benifit to the user

:thumbsup:

:thinking: I think the OP would be better building a double garage :thumbsup:

Shengis;7070025

:thumbsup:

I swear I should be blonde sometimes

So where do you live then?

We used good old scalpings packed well down onto hardcore and then about 20 tonnes of big (about 1cm sq) shingle on top. Don't use pea shingle as you'll be forever bringing it into the house in the tread of your shoes. In your situation in addition to being the cheapest option, not freezing in winter and being almost zero maintenance, you'll hear anyone walking on it at night which may help to keep your local unwants away.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1220
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846326
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1727

See more discussions