Found 20th Mar 2011
will i loose my provisional license if im in france with no l plates as they wont let you there as a learner
but would have GB sticker
thoughts please?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

I hope so (_;)

There is a EU law that states if you drive on a provisional licence but with GB plates then it is legal.
Edited by: "greenmachine12" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

choc1969

I hope so (_;)

why i have to wait 3 years for full bike license,that is a long time

Original Poster

greenmachine12

There is a EU law that states if you drive on a provisional licence but … There is a EU law that states if you drive on a provisional licence but with GB plates then it is legal.

i heard though you have to be driving for at least 3 years

No-one may drive in France on a provisional licence.

Original Poster

choc1969

No-one may drive in France on a provisional licence.

not even with cbt?

Would your insurance cover you? If you have an accident it could be very expensive.

Original Poster

Randa1

Would your insurance cover you? If you have an accident it could be very … Would your insurance cover you? If you have an accident it could be very expensive.

yeer i have 20 days cover abroad

I assume that would only be if you were permitted to drive abroad. Just because it forms part of your insurance doesnt mean you are covered if your license doesnt cover you.

JACKIT99

yeer i have 20 days cover abroad

JACKIT99

not even with cbt?

NO (_;)

Original Poster

umm i wanted to ride 200 miles from barcelona to a ski resort so there could be a chance of crashing,
thanks for the help ,i dont think my 125 would be quick enough anyway for some of those roads there

I'm 95% certain that your insurance will be invalidated in the event of

a chance of crashing

as i have no doubt that you will have broken the terms of the cover.
Also, if you are planning to go 200 miles on the back of a 125cc - your back and ar$e will make you realise that you should never have considered the idea!!
Travelling solo, combined with massive discomfort and having to keep yourself awake is very likely to increase your likelyhood of an accident too...

Edited by: "jelli89" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

the distance in a day wouldnt be a problem,done 200 before,mostly binin the idea for now that i need quicker bike
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48910998
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games78
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604827
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585

See more discussions