Advice on good Ps4 steering wheel games (Also have psvr) and any tips using a drive hub on ps4

Posted 9th MarEdited by:"bo9dster007"
Looking for some decent racing games for when my drive hub turns up to use my old g27 steering wheel on ps4.
Also have psvr if there's some good games that can use both. Heard drive club uses both but struggled like heck using a ds4 pad. (Or I'm just crap at it)

Any tips for the drive hub (steering wheel convertor) would be appreciated too.

Anyone know if it's possible to get this steering wheel working on the ps4 without spending a fortune. Seen some converters for £40 but but reluctant if there's lag etc
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
No, unfortunately there is no way to get it working without a converter that introduces lag which isn't what you want in a driving game. It's a pity because it's a good wheel and there's no real reason that it shouldn't work on a PS4 except that Logitech probably wanted you to buy a G29 rather than use your old wheel.
Would it not work with a xim apex? I use it for mnk and no lag at all
Arto09/03/2020 09:30

Would it not work with a xim apex? I use it for mnk and no lag at all

By the time you've bought that you may as well just go buy a new steering wheel as cheapest I've seen is like £89
bo9dster00709/03/2020 18:12

By the time you've bought that you may as well just go buy a new steering …By the time you've bought that you may as well just go buy a new steering wheel as cheapest I've seen is like £89

I was in the exact same situation as you, I always enjoyed using my Driving Force GT on my PS3 and really wanted to find a way to get it to work on the PS4. In theory it should have been very simple for it to work on the PS4 (in the same way that my PS3 Rockband instrument controllers can work on the PS4) but it seems Logitech didn't want to make it happen. Look out on here for a deal for a Logitech G29 wheel, Sony are saying that the PS5 will be backwards compatible with the PS4 and it's accessories so at least you know that you should be ok going forwards with one.
Haircut_10009/03/2020 09:13

No, unfortunately there is no way to get it working without a converter …No, unfortunately there is no way to get it working without a converter that introduces lag which isn't what you want in a driving game. It's a pity because it's a good wheel and there's no real reason that it shouldn't work on a PS4 except that Logitech probably wanted you to buy a G29 rather than use your old wheel.

Managed to find a converter for £30 but not sure about lag. You tube vids look ok do you think they might have come on a bit over the years regarding lag etc?
bo9dster00709/03/2020 20:24

Managed to find a converter for £30 but not sure about lag. You tube vids …Managed to find a converter for £30 but not sure about lag. You tube vids look ok do you think they might have come on a bit over the years regarding lag etc?

What is the name of the converter?
Cronusmax plus guy selling one on eBay
Decided to bite the bullet and buy a drive hub as heard some really good things about it. Now I need some suggestions for decent games to use it with. Also have psvr if there's games that use both and makes it more subversive?
bo9dster00710/03/2020 16:25

Cronusmax plus guy selling one on eBayDecided to bite the bullet and buy a …Cronusmax plus guy selling one on eBayDecided to bite the bullet and buy a drive hub as heard some really good things about it. Now I need some suggestions for decent games to use it with. Also have psvr if there's games that use both and makes it more subversive?

I’ve used it in the past and is really easy to setup but I had a little lag with it which got annoying
Is this the cronusmax or drive hub you're talking about? Hoping not the drive hub as got told there was no lag and that's why I went for it over the cheaper cronusmax
Edited by: "bo9dster007" 10th Mar
bo9dster00710/03/2020 16:51

Is this the cronusmax or drive hub you're talking about? Hoping not the …Is this the cronusmax or drive hub you're talking about? Hoping not the drive hub as got told there was no lag and that's why I went for it over the cheaper cronusmax

Cronusmax
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants