Driving instructors - Any way of finding out their grading from the DSA?

Banned
GF looking for an instructor and only way seems to be pot luck from yellow pages but would at least like to know their grading from the driving standards agency. Is this information available as surely the instructor would just say grade 6 if you asked them (top grade).

thanks

8 Comments

Original Poster Banned

tinkerbell28

It should be on their site if not most who are good advertise it, I think … It should be on their site if not most who are good advertise it, I think it's on their badge in the window though, it used to be.

thanks. seems like its pot luck if you dont know anyone who has passed in the last few years. Will look for sites advertising grade 6.

cheers tinks

You shouldn't purely rely on the instructor grade to determine their ability to provide good instruction. They are assessed on a regular basis to gain a grade on a single day. Like anyone else, folk sometimes have their off days, and may not get the grade they are capable of achieving.

You are better off getting a genuine recommendation from a friend about instructors in the area, rather than looking at their grade. There are plenty grade 6 instructors who are crap at tuition.

That said, my wife is a grade 6 and an excellent instructor.X)

Original Poster Banned

Ungreat

http://www.thepass.org/choosingadrivinginstructor.html

thanks
moob

You shouldn't purely rely on the instructor grade to determine their … You shouldn't purely rely on the instructor grade to determine their ability to provide good instruction. They are assessed on a regular basis to gain a grade on a single day. Like anyone else, folk sometimes have their off days, and may not get the grade they are capable of achieving.You are better off getting a genuine recommendation from a friend about instructors in the area, rather than looking at their grade. There are plenty grade 6 instructors who are crap at tuition.That said, my wife is a grade 6 and an excellent instructor.X)

I agree with what you say but we dont know anyone who has passed a test in years so word of mouth is no good for us. Just would have thought the DSA site would have a list of instructors and their recent grades. Then again they cant even spell AUDIT correctly lol

dsa.gov.uk/Cat…503

Original Poster Banned

tinkerbell28

BSM are good, if you pay in bulk just as cheap as local instructors with … BSM are good, if you pay in bulk just as cheap as local instructors with more availability.

will look into them too ta

tinkerbell28

BSM are good, if you pay in bulk just as cheap as local instructors with … BSM are good, if you pay in bulk just as cheap as local instructors with more availability.

They are as good as the individual instructor, many are trainees.

A local ADI with a good reputation is always the best option.

tinkerbell28

Sorry, don't agree. As Inactive said, they use a lot of unqualified personnel.

Instructors have to work like a dog to make ends meet with BSM as well, their franchise fees are astronomical (last time my wife worked for them, it was £315 per week - and that was 7 years ago), meaning you may well have one very tired instructor looking after you.

try asking friends, family, or co workers who they used thats what i did you get a better representation of what an instructor is like.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2032
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763936
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846080

See more discussions