Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Driving into a pedestrian/bus only zone fines

Posted 5th Jul 2019
google.com/map…192

Drove into the restricted area, up to where the Gibbs Gillespie building is and then turned around (it was late but i suppose should have read the 2-3 signs indicating it is closed to cars ).

This is uxbridge high st, any idea what sort of fine I should be expecting? Yet another driving howler.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
The fine for driving in a bus lane or bus only street is £60, reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days of the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) being issued. You will not receive points on your license. ... The police can also issue a Fixed Penalty to vehicles which are using a bus lane or bus only road illegally.
Go nice with your speeding fine, maybe find another mode of transport
Edited by: "fearona" 5th Jul 2019
It's £130/65 in the London Borough of Merton for entering a pedestrian zone (code 54 contravention) - dunno if that's the norm.
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Jul 2019
deleted1410297
fearona05/07/2019 09:04

The fine for driving in a bus lane or bus only street is £60, reduced to …The fine for driving in a bus lane or bus only street is £60, reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days of the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) being issued. You will not receive points on your license. ... The police can also issue a Fixed Penalty to vehicles which are using a bus lane or bus only road illegally.Go nice with your speeding fine, maybe find another mode of transport

maybe I should stick to forza
I think those £30 days are long gone. Minimum you would be looking at is £60 within 14 days.
I think you are OK. Vine Street is where Gibbs Gillespieis? Looking at the street view I can't see any cameras between point of entry and vine Street. If you receive a fine, claim you were getting access to Gibbs Gillespie.

Fingers crossed for you.
deleted1410297
Duggie200005/07/2019 09:15

I think you are OK. Vine Street is where Gibbs Gillespieis? Looking at the …I think you are OK. Vine Street is where Gibbs Gillespieis? Looking at the street view I can't see any cameras between point of entry and vine Street. If you receive a fine, claim you were getting access to Gibbs Gillespie. Fingers crossed for you.

I think the point about vine street being restricted is different to it being a no entry to car zone. Vine street is somewhere further up, this is just the high street. Though it does say no cars except for loading/access, I dropped someone off so I'm probably getting done for this
Edited by: "deleted1410297" 5th Jul 2019
deleted141029705/07/2019 09:23

I think the point about vine street being restricted is different to it …I think the point about vine street being restricted is different to it being a no entry to car zone. Vine street is somewhere further up, this is just the high street. Though it does say no cars except for loading/access, I dropped someone off so I'm probably getting done for this

IMO, it would be difficult to camera control an area which has exceptions - how do you determine the reason for access? This would have to be warden controlled.
The bus lane on Vine Street would be different.
I did a similar thing about 6 years ago. Never heard from anyone about it.
37996799-tGrUQ.jpg

I followed the street view down and found the camera. It is right at the end of the road on the turning where there is restricted access.

You will be OK
Got done by one of these in Reading a few years ago . It cost me 70 , so I assume it would have been 140 if I didn't pay straight away .
deleted1410297
Duggie200005/07/2019 09:43

[Image] I followed the street view down and found the camera. It is right …[Image] I followed the street view down and found the camera. It is right at the end of the road on the turning where there is restricted access. You will be OK

37997037-8qbFU.jpg
for some reason I'm not so optimstic I. I'm not sure if that camera is just public CCTV or actively tracking anyone entering the pedestrian zone.
Edited by: "deleted1410297" 5th Jul 2019
Get on the phone, appear willing to pay, state this was a driving fubar from being disorientated, & get the full discount for early payment, or possibly a kind ear who can tell you whether your being fined or not.
remember if its a lease car you were driving it may be a bigger fine by the "owner" ((lease people)) who may charge you for the paperwork & fine notification, so get on th case if it is so its handled expediently within the fine "discount" timeframe.
MR112305/07/2019 09:14

I think those £30 days are long gone. Minimum you would be looking at is …I think those £30 days are long gone. Minimum you would be looking at is £60 within 14 days.

Thats the fine in Swindon, my wife got one 2 years ago lol

How we enforce bus lanes and bus gates Cameras will recognise vehicles by using automatic number plate recognition technology, with the registration numbers of exempt vehicles logged within the system.

Unauthorised drivers caught either driving or parking in bus lanes, or driving through bus gates, will receive a fixed penalty charge of £60, with a discount to £30 if paid within 14 days or an increase to £90 if not paid within 28 days.

swindon.gov.uk/inf…ent
Fairys_Burn_Things05/07/2019 10:19

Got done by one of these in Reading a few years ago . It cost me 70 , so I …Got done by one of these in Reading a few years ago . It cost me 70 , so I assume it would have been 140 if I didn't pay straight away .

Did you turn around quite quickly or did you drive all the way through?
deleted1410297
Mr_Gus05/07/2019 10:32

Get on the phone, appear willing to pay, state this was a driving fubar …Get on the phone, appear willing to pay, state this was a driving fubar from being disorientated, & get the full discount for early payment, or possibly a kind ear who can tell you whether your being fined or not.remember if its a lease car you were driving it may be a bigger fine by the "owner" ((lease people)) who may charge you for the paperwork & fine notification, so get on th case if it is so its handled expediently within the fine "discount" timeframe.

havent received any PCN yet, only happened yesterday. Anyway i will pay it within 14 days, i have no grounds for appeal.
I'd be more worried about reading road signs as to avoid this in future. You missed 2/3 signs.
Contest the fine, see what happens. Then think about slowing down to read signs or look out for them.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 5th Jul 2019
Torch your car, skip the country and change your identity (including plastic surgery).
It's the only way to beat the system.
MadeDixonsCry05/07/2019 10:40

Did you turn around quite quickly or did you drive all the way through?

Drove right the way around . I am not from Reading and didn't know where I was going . I only realised it was a bus lane when I got nearly to the end of it and it was one way .
Fairys_Burn_Things05/07/2019 12:06

Drove right the way around . I am not from Reading and didn't know where I …Drove right the way around . I am not from Reading and didn't know where I was going . I only realised it was a bus lane when I got nearly to the end of it and it was one way .

That's why.
Fairys_Burn_Things05/07/2019 12:06

Drove right the way around . I am not from Reading and didn't know where I …Drove right the way around . I am not from Reading and didn't know where I was going . I only realised it was a bus lane when I got nearly to the end of it and it was one way .

What you get more for staying in it ? Sorely once your in , your in .
Fairys_Burn_Things05/07/2019 12:43

What you get more for staying in it ? Sorely once your in , your in .

There is something called discretion. "Sorely", once you realise and do a U-turn discretion should be applied. If you go the whole way then they should throw the book at you. You sound like such a jobsworth, I bet you're a parking warden.
MadeDixonsCry07/07/2019 14:47

There is something called discretion. "Sorely", once you realise and do a …There is something called discretion. "Sorely", once you realise and do a U-turn discretion should be applied. If you go the whole way then they should throw the book at you. You sound like such a jobsworth, I bet you're a parking warden.

What you on about you doughnut ? You asked me where I got a ticket. I told you . You then told me that the reason was because I went all the way around it . I then asked ' sorely ( surely ) it's the same wether you turn round or not .

It's not my fault the bird at the pub called you a " fat nonce " now take out your anger on that crusty sock you have .

I will not reply again as I have better things to do .

Love ,

Your future step daddy

PS : And no you can't get a sock pregnant
Fairys_Burn_Things07/07/2019 14:59

What you on about you doughnut ? You asked me where I got a ticket. I …What you on about you doughnut ? You asked me where I got a ticket. I told you . You then told me that the reason was because I went all the way around it . I then asked ' sorely ( surely ) it's the same wether you turn round or not .It's not my fault the bird at the pub called you a " fat nonce " now take out your anger on that crusty sock you have . I will not reply again as I have better things to do .Love ,Your future step daddy PS : And no you can't get a sock pregnant

And I replied stating that it's not the same because officials are able to exercise discretion, hence why I didn't get a ticket and you did.
It seems comprehension is not one of your strengths.
Stick to your childish insults, it seems that's your strongest quality.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants