Driving test help!

Found 29th Apr 2010
Right, failed my driving test yesterday - got 1 major and 7 minors , major was for cutting someone up who didnt indicate into that lane anyway!

So i'm trying to book as soon as and i have booked for 25th June!

Obviously, thats miles away so im waiting for a cancellation.

Will there be many cancellations ? and what's the best time to look ?

Thanks,

17 Comments

Hopefully their would be a cancellation between now and then. Personally I would avoid early morning when people are on the way to work as the roads will be more busy and I would say probably avoid tests after 15:30.

My test was 14:54 and turned out to be a good time as the instructor avoided schools and kept to less busy roads. Turned out I was his last test of the day so my test was pretty short at around 28 minutes

Original Poster

Yeah i had mine yesterday at half 1 - was easy apart from that bloody major!

But what's the best time to check the website for cancellations ?

Show this and you should pass straight away.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/377962/3_61_060708_girl_guns.jpg

this happened to me i had nearly a 5week wait when i rebooked, but i think i kept checking everyday and i eventually got one for 2 or 3weeks later.

whatsThePoint;8483325

7 minors as well ! maybe you should realise (as with all beginners) your … 7 minors as well ! maybe you should realise (as with all beginners) your not as good a driver as you think and get some more lessons

7 minors are fine, did u get 0?

i think you can have up to 12 minors, i did my test few years ago so cant remember.

You should consider yourself lucky. The earliest date i got was 12th of August!
Your best bet is to find an instructor that can mix and match the test dates with his/her other students. My current instructor does that and has sorted me out with a re-test within the next 3 weeks.

Banned

I think I got 4 minors, and it was for really stupid things as well which I didn't kick myself too hard for as it was a 1st time pass.

The tests in rush hour are the easiest, my instructor always told people to book for then as you always got the shortest routes due to traffic and time limitations and you crawled through traffic, easy peasy.

Mine was really long about 2 in the afternoon if I remeber.

NFS;8482746

Hopefully their would be a cancellation between now and then. Personally … Hopefully their would be a cancellation between now and then. Personally I would avoid early morning when people are on the way to work as the roads will be more busy and I would say probably avoid tests after 15:30.My test was 14:54 and turned out to be a good time as the instructor avoided schools and kept to less busy roads. Turned out I was his last test of the day so my test was pretty short at around 28 minutes

See my instructor told me the opposite.
go for the early morning test as, if you are stuck in traffic, theres less for you to do.
As long as you are ok with clutch/slow control it's a breeze.

Mine lasted the full amount of time, but i only did a reverse around a corner and normal driving.
No emergency stop, no second manoeuver (spelling? lol), no motorway/bypass driving.

No points, no bumps as of yet

~~edit - yeah basically what Tink said /\

You can have up to 15 minors.

I had 13!! And passed. WOOO. haha

Original Poster

awesome! just got saturday 22nd may at 10 45 - not too bad i think.

the__mayster;8484007

You can have up to 15 minors.I had 13!! And passed. WOOO. haha

You should still get more lessons or do pass-plus if you're getting that many minors, really.

Magurdrac;8484746

You should still get more lessons or do pass-plus if you're getting that … You should still get more lessons or do pass-plus if you're getting that many minors, really.

I did pass plus.

Done 8,000 miles in 6 months without a problem.

Most of them were for stupid things, nothing important.

the__mayster;8485715

I did pass plus.

Good boy... or girl

Original Poster

7 minors really isn't that bad considering i only got 3 or 4 more than you?

the__mayster;8485715

I did pass plus.

Me too, I did it all in one day though instead of 6 lessons

I passed my test 3rd time and have been driving 5 years and never had an accident or even bump *touches wood*

jinjernuts;8483974

See my instructor told me the opposite.go for the early morning test as, … See my instructor told me the opposite.go for the early morning test as, if you are stuck in traffic, theres less for you to do.As long as you are ok with clutch/slow control it's a breeze.Mine lasted the full amount of time, but i only did a reverse around a corner and normal driving.No emergency stop, no second manoeuver (spelling? lol), no motorway/bypass driving.No points, no bumps as of yet ;)~~edit - yeah basically what Tink said /\

Suppose that's a good thing as the test will speed by with being stuck in traffic. I ended up getting reverse round a corner and reverse park off a parked car. I got 6 minors but were for stupid things so not too bothered as it was still a pass.

Ordered my car through work today but have to wait upto 16 weeks delivery which is a pain
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition881171
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…33
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam22
    4. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22

See more discussions