Driving test in own car?

hi do i need to have special insurance when using my own car for a driving test or can i do it with ny standard insurance?thanks

6 Comments

standard - my daughter passed 3 weekss ago in er own car, her friend passed today in his own car - Good luck on your test

Original Poster

cool,so will just need my test to sit next to me when driving up there.

This is what I found;

If you take the practical driving test in your own car then make sure that the car is insured for you to use for this purpose, that the car you intend to drive is legally roadworthy and has a current MOT certificate. Your examiner will ask you to sign a declaration stating that your car insurance is in order. The driving test will not go ahead if you are unable/unwilling to do so. Your car must also have-

* A fully functional seat belt fitted to the front passenger seat
* A valid tax disk and L plates displayed at the front/rear of the car
* An interior mirror for the examiner's use.
* The fitted head restraint should not be removed from the front passenger seat
* Specially adapted cars may be exempt from these requirements.
* If you overlook any of these your test will be cancelled you may lose your fee.

Just double check with your insurance company that it will be OK

Good luck with your test :thumbsup:

RedIron;2630776

This is what I found;If you take the practical driving test in your own … This is what I found;If you take the practical driving test in your own car then make sure that the car is insured for you to use for this purpose, that the car you intend to drive is legally roadworthy and has a current MOT certificate. Your examiner will ask you to sign a declaration stating that your car insurance is in order. The driving test will not go ahead if you are unable/unwilling to do so. Your car must also have- * A fully functional seat belt fitted to the front passenger seat * A valid tax disk and L plates displayed at the front/rear of the car * An interior mirror for the examiner's use. * The fitted head restraint should not be removed from the front passenger seat * Specially adapted cars may be exempt from these requirements. * If you overlook any of these your test will be cancelled you may lose your fee.Just double check with your insurance company that it will be OKGood luck with your test :thumbsup:

fantastic information rep for that.:thumbsup:

saayinla;2630801

fantastic information rep for that.:thumbsup:

Cheers

There wasn't a requirement for an 'examiner's mirror' when my brother took his test (moons ago) and this would seem to be the only 'extra' from a normal learner's car. (I'm sure the examiner had kittens without access to dual-controls!) Personnally ,I wouldn't know the right place to put the mirror so I'd just give it to them to place at that will!

Best of luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2640
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions