Found 4th May 2008
OMG!! Im not really nervous but im worried about getting my manouverous(sp? lol) i find parallel park quite hard and so got any tips for me pleassee?

Thanks

kiwi

37 Comments

Practice the night before..stay calm, don't panic and take your time!

good luck

wear a short skirt

tips, start running, this will decrease your resting heart rate, resulting you being less stressed during the exam....jus sayin

took my test on the day after new years day 2008. Seriously you will be fine. If you stall on the manouveres all you will get is a minor. You can do it a bit more slowly and you won't be penalized. It is all about safety. I mean, you could screw the parallel park by a bit so long as you dont hit the kerb and watch out for cars. I stalled on both of my manouvres and I still passed. Just stay calm and do the procedure ("I wouldn't allow you to take the test if you wasn't ready" is what my instructor told me)

Spriggan;2031325

Practice the night before..stay calm, don't panic and take your time!

Ditto, good luck !

black gerbil1;2031350

tips, start running, this will decrease your resting heart rate, … tips, start running, this will decrease your resting heart rate, resulting you being less stressed during the exam....jus sayin

not playing gta??

If all else fails, you could try a bribe ?

edit: Good Luck!

mrtootough;2031345

wear a short skirt

that's hoping the examiner is a guy. %50 chance

Wear confortable shoes. The biggest thing I learnt for parralel parking is DO NOT LOOK to left mirror at all.
My instructor folded the mirror when I was using it to park. It was hard for me after 7 years doing it abroad.
But if you practice a few time you will have to orient by other cars which is much better.
Good luck.

i passed due to info by my di-look in mirror all the time-fail if u miss once-u can clip kerb twice? but cant miss the mirror..it may be out of date but i passed first time

To be honest, the instructor tells me to look at the left mirror to justify when to do a whole turn back to normal. I never get the hang of it and relied on rear mirror and looking back and forward. Doesn't help when you do it in the dark.

i still can park!! lucky i passed years ago-good luck!!!!

Instant fail is here so DONT:

1) hit the kerb, i think its instant fail. My bro done it and it counts as misjudgement
2) Break rules - i.e past red light
3) Stall majorly (i.e. if you stall on the roundabout or hold up traffic)
4) Just look forward. Trust me look everywhere. Look at your rear view once every few seconds. Twist your head to tell the examiner that you are looking.

another thing to remember is if you do something wrong and think you have failed, done give up keep driving as if it hasnt happen as you may not have failed. I was convinced I had failed but turns out I hadnt. Good luck.

good luck

good luck mate!

hello, sorry i cant give you any advice as i dont drive, but all the best and good luck

Take it as it comes..............and do not worry...............Good Luck

good luck hun

Artonox;2031452

Instant fail is here so DONT:1) hit the kerb, i think its instant fail. … Instant fail is here so DONT:1) hit the kerb, i think its instant fail. My bro done it and it counts as misjudgement2) Break rules - i.e past red light3) Stall majorly (i.e. if you stall on the roundabout or hold up traffic)4) Just look forward. Trust me look everywhere. Look at your rear view once every few seconds. Twist your head to tell the examiner that you are looking.

It is NOT a fail if you touch the kirb as far as I know. When on my first test, I hit the kerb, and said to the intrusctor - well that's it, we may as well go home, and he reassured me that I hadn't failed, it was just a minnor and to carry on - I did carry on but failed as I went through a red light lol!

Good luck, as long as you are ready to drive you will pass no problem! I remember I hadn't mastered my moves when I took my test, but fortunately I only got the three point turn! Easy

[CENTER]http://www.lovethatgift.co.uk/acatalog/good-luck-balloon-300.jpg:):)[/CENTER]

Cancel your indicators after you make a turn/miss a turn - if you leave them on for too long and go past another turning - fail

Good luck, just give it your best shot :thumbsup:

remember on parallel park to put the car into reverse before you put on handbrake. that means if a dick head comes up right behind you youu can justify that you wer reversing as your reverse lights will be on

good luck

mrtootough;2031345

wear a short skirt

lol try it might work

sammy321;2087470

lol try it might work

like a match on a rainy day

good luck with your driving test, i remeber before mine being so nervouse but then having a conversation with the driving instructor about random stuff and suddenly didnt feel so nervous

Artonox;2031452

Instant fail is here so DONT:1) hit the kerb, i think its instant fail. … Instant fail is here so DONT:1) hit the kerb, i think its instant fail. My bro done it and it counts as misjudgement.

Unless its changed recently dunno about that one, i hit the kerb on parallel park, rectified it and didnt fail from it

this threads over a week ago, the OP failed, otherwise it would of been bumped.

harsh i know, but let it die gauise.

Don't worry too much about manouveres. You don't have to do it in one go, if you fcuk it up start again. I see people fckuing up their parking all the time and these people have been driving for years - so they do not expect perfection! Do it slowly, that way if you bump the kerb you can stop and won't fail. If however you smack into it at 20mph you might! So take your time.

Once you get going, it really is a very short test so just try tp enjoy it, and as has been said above, never assume you have failed. I was convinced I had (can't recall why, possibly starting over again in a reverse park because first time i was too near the other car) and thought "sod it, i'll just keep going anyway"... I think I relaxed when i thought it was all over and that's what clinched it! So yea, you also need to relax although I know it's easier said than done - I had some woman cut me up at a roundabout and i think because i slowed down and dealt with it well he might have skipped over some of my other more dodgy driving!

Oh and CHECK YOUR MIRRORS, LOTS! If you have long hair, put it up in a high ponytail and make sure the instructor sees you flicking it around when you look in your mirrors - just looking out of the corner of your eye (like everyone does really) could get you failed too.

black gerbil1;2088403

this threads over a week ago, the OP failed, otherwise it would of been … this threads over a week ago, the OP failed, otherwise it would of been bumped.harsh i know, but let it die gauise.

Ah well, not many people pass first time. A pain but means you know what to expect next time.

Mclovin;2037031

remember on parallel park to put the car into reverse before you put on … remember on parallel park to put the car into reverse before you put on handbrake. that means if a dick head comes up right behind you youu can justify that you wer reversing as your reverse lights will be on

That would probably be a fail though... In tests you're supposed to stop the car safely, handbrake then look etc THEN put into gear, mirrors again, look all around and park. If someone comes up behind you you stop and let them pass.

superfran;2088551

Ah well, not many people pass first time. A pain but means you know what … Ah well, not many people pass first time. A pain but means you know what to expect next time.

superfran;2088551

Ah well, not many people pass first time. A pain but means you know what … Ah well, not many people pass first time. A pain but means you know what to expect next time.

yeah I know, I ain't even started driving, but I don't even think ill pass first time, judging by the way I drive on GTA anyway:p

black gerbil1;2089055

:pyeah I know, I ain't even started driving, but I don't even think ill … :pyeah I know, I ain't even started driving, but I don't even think ill pass first time, judging by the way I drive on GTA anyway:p

Hmmmm, GTA isn't exactly like real life. For one, you don't get points for running over hookers in real life.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project36
    2. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas67
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?67
    4. How much should fitting bathroom cost713

See more discussions