Groups

Driving Test tommorow....

Its my driving test tommorow at 9am. Any hints and tips from anyone that can help me pass first time?

40 Comments

Don't crash

Relax
    good luck!

Good luck!
    Just take your time, but try not to hesitate too much!

Let us know how you get on! :thumbsup:

Bribes :-D

Good luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

spobby;6851677

Don't crash

Haha, I'll try not to...

JayIce;6851680

Relax ;)good luck!

Thankyou.

Do everything you were taught in your lessons Don't cross your arms over when steering, they hate that! Always indicate, don't go too slow (but don't break the speed limit)!

Relax, take your time and make it obvious that your checking your mirrors. Good Luck :thumbsup:

be confident, I passed first time after 12lessons

always use ur mirrors, you can never check them to much - and make sure its noticable to the instructer. there very hot on it! gd luck!!

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;6851688

Good luck!Just take your time, but try not to hesitate too much!Let us … Good luck!Just take your time, but try not to hesitate too much!Let us know how you get on! :thumbsup:

Thanks,
    Yeah, i'm sure everyone in the world will know i'd of passed if I do...:)

Mrs.Z;6851691

Bribes :-DGood luck :thumbsup:

Thanks, I guess its an option if I think that i've got a serious fault :thumbsup:

baffledsalmon;6851696

Do everything you were taught in your lessons Don't cross your arms … Do everything you were taught in your lessons Don't cross your arms over when steering, they hate that! Always indicate, don't go too slow (but don't break the speed limit)!

Yeah I heard about the crossing arms over, Driving instructor told me never to do that.

Delibrately move the mirrors, even if they dont need adjusting as you have just had a lesson in the car, this shows the examiner you are using them. Also make it so instead of moving your eyes to see them properly you have to slightly move your head, then the examiner will notice it more.

One other thing, make sure you stay to the left at all times, sounds stupid I know, but the amount of people I know (myself included) who have failed on first attempt for not either

1. Driving in a bus lane which becomes part of the normal road at 09:30am (I failed as I didn't and it was 09:37am!)

2. On a dual carriageway approaching a roundabout in the right hand lane, going straight over and coming off in the right hand lane. Stick to the left hand lane at all times.

corshy;6851741

Yeah I heard about the crossing arms over, Driving instructor told me … Yeah I heard about the crossing arms over, Driving instructor told me never to do that.

A friend of mine got failed because he went far too slow for the speed limit as it can cause a lot of accidents because people presume you're going the right speed... so whatever you do don't be a Sunday driver

Eat a banana about 40 minutes before the test.

Good luck and try and relax

Yeah always checking the mirrors are good, and if you think you have made a mistake, do NOT give up, keep going ;-)

munnski;6851781

Yeah always checking the mirrors are good, and if you think you have made … Yeah always checking the mirrors are good, and if you think you have made a mistake, do NOT give up, keep going ;-)

I second that! I thought I'd ruined my chances at one point but passed first time with one minor!!

checking your mirrors.

My instructor toldme this ..........When the tester speeks to you ie turn left etc do a mirror check cos
    @ this point he is looking at you.
    All i can say is Bike first time
    Car first time
    Lorry theory test 35/35 first time
    Hgv 2 first time
    Hgv 1 first time
    Threw up each and every time may be that helps to

black gerbil1;6851706

be confident, I passed first time after 12lessons

was that after your appearence on Road Wars ?

thats pretty impressive

as many have said, check your mirrors, all 3 of them, and make sure your head moves not just your eyes. Other than that, good luck:thumbsup:

if u are female wear a low cut top, u will pass even if u kill someone, good luck

Mirror/Signal/manoeuvre,

Remember 2 second gap dry, 4 seconds wet

Don't cross hands

Accelerator
    Brake
    Clutch

Check you mirrors regularly

Don't crash

Don't run over anyone ( Even if it's your ex's new Boyfriend/Girlfriend etc )

Good luck

Dont try too hard - just relax :-)

Dont worry about crossing your arms or not - so long as you are safe the examiner will be happy. Plenty of observation - especially on reversing :-). Be quietly confident but not cocky. Chat to the examiner if you are more relaxed when you talk - most of my pupils prefer to be able to chat - even if its just nonsense lol - you 'll never see the guy again !!

Good luck :-)

I passed mine about a month back, 1 minor I got.

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is when doing your observations in manoeuvres, make sure you do actually look properly and not just a quick shoulder glance. Even if you know 100% there is nothing there.

munnski;6851781

Yeah always checking the mirrors are good, and if you think you have made … Yeah always checking the mirrors are good, and if you think you have made a mistake, do NOT give up, keep going ;-)

+1

Make sure you turn up

Don't panic if you fail !! It will only cost you a fortune in more lessons and another test

in 4 result...

either good (ie out driving) or failed hung him / her self with keyboard

jackt010;6854377

either good (ie out driving) or failed hung him / her self with keyboard

Bit drastic :w00t:

ooooo we need to know!

wear a very short skirt - doesn't matter if you're male or female - lol

Original Poster

Thanks for all the good luck messages. I failed unfortunately :(, shockingly unlucky though. Small ambulance (one of the Volvo ones) was turning round in a side road when I was going down a main road, it put it's flashing lights on AS I went past it, got a major for awareness, apparantley I should have stopped and waited predicting that it would put it's lights on. Also failed for going 25mph in a 30mph, pretty unlucky I think, even more gutted because can't get another test till 14th December

awwww man, gutted for ya!
    Better luck next time

awwwww thats not gd! just learn from it and gd luck for next time

better luck next time eh!

corshy;6859723

Thanks for all the good luck messages. I failed unfortunately :(, … Thanks for all the good luck messages. I failed unfortunately :(, shockingly unlucky though. Small ambulance (one of the Volvo ones) was turning round in a side road when I was going down a main road, it put it's flashing lights on AS I went past it, got a major for awareness, apparantley I should have stopped and waited predicting that it would put it's lights on. Also failed for going 25mph in a 30mph, pretty unlucky I think, even more gutted because can't get another test till 14th December

25 in a 30? That's so irritating. They have signs up saying "speed limit is a maximum, not a minimum" and "it's not a target" etc.. yet they do you for that?

x Danny;6862636

25 in a 30? That's so irritating. They have signs up saying "speed limit … 25 in a 30? That's so irritating. They have signs up saying "speed limit is a maximum, not a minimum" and "it's not a target" etc.. yet they do you for that?

i think if you go to slow its a problem too, or it could of been a blue sign with 30 on there.

Unlucky mate, you must of got a miserable examiner

Don't beep your horn while waiting for the examiner...Apparently the fastest ever fail occured that way! Goodluck!

let me take the test for you next time :P

need shorter skirt !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1227
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions