Groups

Driving Test Tomorrow Afternoon...

I actually feel very confident that I'm going to pass, I just hope to god the traffic isn't busy and the drivers out there make that 30 minutes so much easier!

Been looking at cars to get along with insurance and got my eye on an 05 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Petrol (Hatchback) - its one of the newish models/shapes. Got a quote for £600 off comparethemarket which I'm guessing is a bug but gonna see if the company honour it.

46 Comments

good luck! get to bed - early night and all that - u wanna be nice and refreshed!!

Banned

Good luck :thumbsup:

Don't be too over-confident and good luck!

Mirror Signal Manouvre

Look well and turn your head so he/she sees that you are looking.

I failed my first 2 tests on observation so please be obvious when looking.

Good luck!!!

Good luck
    hopefully doing mine next month as passed my theory at the weekend and just going to hammer the lessons and double up to get me to test standard

Good luck

Good luck

I passed almost a year ago, and have a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 (older than the one you have your eye on) insurance is just under £600 with Admiral

Banned

it does help that the car isnt a boy racer type car

Citroen saxo's and such, fiesta's all bad to insure for first timers, go for the old fuddy duddy specials

kjbenja;8002376

Mirror Signal ManouvreLook well and turn your head so he/she sees that … Mirror Signal ManouvreLook well and turn your head so he/she sees that you are looking.I failed my first 2 tests on observation so please be obvious when looking.

Bad advice, you would be insulting the experience/ intelligence of your Driving Examiner, not a good idea.

Just drive normally.

il lay 3/1 he fails

GL

Original Poster

Cheers everyone.

Just having my morning coffee and I have to say I feel pretty relaxed, very confident in my driving so it should be no problem. Just hoping it's not something silly that lets me down.

Meadsy4742;8003657

Cheers everyone.Just having my morning coffee and I have to say I feel … Cheers everyone.Just having my morning coffee and I have to say I feel pretty relaxed, very confident in my driving so it should be no problem. Just hoping it's not something silly that lets me down.

Look at what post number your above is ................... :w00t:

Original Poster

smithyp1;8003662

Look at what post number your above is ................... :w00t:

Ahhhh....lucky for some though

I start driving at 1300 aswell....maybe this is a sign?

Banned

Done my theory test for my motorcycle this morning, got 47/50 on the theory and 60/75 for the hazard perception. 10 minutes ago the DVD from the DSA on how to do the test just came through the post, bit bloody late!

Luckily I had done the theory before for my car, back then I got 34 and it was out of 35 questions.

Banned

Good luck for this afternoon x x

Hope all went well - let us know!

ITs a good thing when thers traffic.... Cause u spend most of the time not moving usually meaning less mistake. And on one of my attempts they could only fit in 1 manouver

Banned

JohnBall;8006491

ITs a good thing when thers traffic.... Cause u spend most of the time … ITs a good thing when thers traffic.... Cause u spend most of the time not moving usually meaning less mistake. And on one of my attempts they could only fit in 1 manouver

I pushed my way into traffic during rush hour got a major fault for it :lol: what a waste of money that test was :roll:

how did you do? i passed just over 2 weeks ago and got my car on saturday. i was so nervous on the morning. if i hadnt passed i dont think i could have handled going in for another test. its a fantastic feeling when they say youve passed

good luck to anyone else who will be taking tests in the near future too!

donna-lou;8006874

how did you do? i passed just over 2 weeks ago and got my car on … how did you do? i passed just over 2 weeks ago and got my car on saturday. i was so nervous on the morning. if i hadnt passed i dont think i could have handled going in for another test. its a fantastic feeling when they say youve passed :)good luck to anyone else who will be taking tests in the near future too!

Well done for passing. Passed mines on Monday. And you're right it really is a great feeling. Which car did you get?

Spammed;8006901

Well done for passing. Passed mines on Monday. And you're right it really … Well done for passing. Passed mines on Monday. And you're right it really is a great feeling. Which car did you get?

congrats on passing! i started blubbing like a baby when she said id done it as i was convinced id failed. up until the test i was so stressed and nervous, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

ive got myself a fiesta st, bit ambitious for a first car but ive wanted one for over a year so wasnt going to settle for anything else. you got a car yet then or got your eye on one?

donna-lou;8006922

congrats on passing! i started blubbing like a baby when she said id done … congrats on passing! i started blubbing like a baby when she said id done it as i was convinced id failed. up until the test i was so stressed and nervous, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. ive got myself a fiesta st, bit ambitious for a first car but ive wanted one for over a year so wasnt going to settle for anything else. you got a car yet then or got your eye on one?

I thought I'd failed too Luckily the examiner was busy chatting away and missed the fact I went through a red light :roll: Haven't got a car yet. Looking to get a Fiesta too, if not then a corsa.

Spammed;8007002

I thought I'd failed too Luckily the examiner was busy chatting away and … I thought I'd failed too Luckily the examiner was busy chatting away and missed the fact I went through a red light :roll: Haven't got a car yet. Looking to get a Fiesta too, if not then a corsa.

naughty examiner :w00t:

good luck in finding a car. i love my fiesta but so scared of bumping it in the car parks :oops:

Original Poster

Just got back and I passed with 4 minors. Chuffed to bits, off to look at a few cars tomorrow and the weekend. Off out after tea for a 'few' celebratory beverages!

Meadsy4742;8007393

Just got back and I passed with 4 minors. Chuffed to bits, off to look … Just got back and I passed with 4 minors. Chuffed to bits, off to look at a few cars tomorrow and the weekend. Off out after tea for a 'few' celebratory beverages!

congrats dude....drive safely now....:thumbsup:

Meadsy4742;8007393

Just got back and I passed with 4 minors. Chuffed to bits, off to look … Just got back and I passed with 4 minors. Chuffed to bits, off to look at a few cars tomorrow and the weekend. Off out after tea for a 'few' celebratory beverages!

woooooooop congrats! :-D

Original Poster

Abz;8007408

congrats dude....drive safely now....:thumbsup:

donna-lou;8007416

woooooooop congrats! :-D

Cheers.

I plan to mate. Gonna stay away from the motorways for a while to boost my skills and then go with someone thats been driving a few years on the motorway to get the jist of things.

well done, good feeling to pass, hwo old are you btw.

Meadsy4742;8007424

Cheers.I plan to mate. Gonna stay away from the motorways for a while to … Cheers.I plan to mate. Gonna stay away from the motorways for a while to boost my skills and then go with someone thats been driving a few years on the motorway to get the jist of things.

have you not considered pass plus? im doing mine and did my motorways on monday. they werent as scary as i thought :thumbsup:

donna-lou;8007441

have you not considered pass plus? im doing mine and did my motorways on … have you not considered pass plus? im doing mine and did my motorways on monday. they werent as scary as i thought :thumbsup:

i might of considered doing this if i had any motorways near me :giggle: i just had the joy of dealing with them when i needed too.

Congrats on passing your test Meadsy:thumbsup:

Meadsy4742;8007424

Cheers.[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I plan to mate[/COLOR]. [/SIZE] Gonna stay … Cheers.[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]I plan to mate[/COLOR]. [/SIZE] Gonna stay away from the motorways for a while to boost my skills and then go with someone thats been driving a few years on the motorway to get the jist of things.

Thats the way to celebrate!!

Original Poster

black gerbil1;8007439

well done, good feeling to pass, hwo old are you btw.

I'm 20 mate.

Got my eye on a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 05 plate in silver, they are pretty cheap on the insurance for first time drivers.

Congrats mate.

congrats m8 :thumbsup:

Well done on passing your test :thumbsup:

Congratulations!

Well done, glad it went well

Original Poster

Cheers everyone....

A quick question...when I'm out and about looking for a car tomorrow, how am I supposed to check the insurance on them? I don't suppose there's an iPhone app for comparethemarket or confused.com is there?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. £75 voucher for Argos, M&S or NEXT when you take out Life Insurance (£63.90…88
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?25
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1418
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767180

See more discussions