Groups

Driving test..soo nervous...did everyone pass first time?

I have my driving test next week and am so nervous! I had one before xmas and failed so i took a 2month break and started my lessons again..this time new instructor and new car.both taken time to get used to but i really feel like i can drive! I want to so badly..im starting work soon plus i want to be able to take my daughter out as we are stuck indoors all day. Anyone else pass 2nd time or maybe you were lucky on your first....stories please

45 Comments

2nd time for me!
    Good luck.

lol...nah i took more than 2 tests before I passed.......but to be honest it doesnt matter whether u pass 1st first time or not....the car insurance man is waiting for you regardless and your premium is going to be extortionate either way :-D

I passed first time, but I didnt tell anyone about it except for my boyfriend at the time. My mum picked me up from college asking me if i had had a nice day - got a bit of a shock when i told her. lol

Good luck with it! im sure you'll be fine

Yeah but thought i'd failed after stalling outside test centre so think I relaxed...I also didnt tell anyone I was having test .....Good luck x

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4669433

lol...nah i took more than 2 tests before I passed.......but to be honest … lol...nah i took more than 2 tests before I passed.......but to be honest it doesnt matter whether u pass 1st first time or not....the car insurance man is waiting for you regardless and your premium is going to be extortionate either way :-D

no its not too bad £427 a yr on my ka.

I passed 3rd time, I was so nervous the first and second time, I was shaking so much I couldn't press the clutch in properly on the first, on the second the instructor made me reverse round a corner AND up a hill at the same time and I stalled it. By the third I thought oh well, whatever happens happens and I passed

Try, which is hard I know, but try and think if you don't pass it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things
    Also try Bach Rescue Remedy, it's great for calming you down.

Best of luck

p.s. I put smilies in but they are broke so you can't see them!

Original Poster

dmtuk;4669451

Yeah but thought i'd failed after stalling outside test centre so think I … Yeah but thought i'd failed after stalling outside test centre so think I relaxed...I also didnt tell anyone I was having test .....Good luck x

yeah i never told anyone bout either test except my partner who had to have the day off to look afte my daughter...although i did tell my family after i had failed.

70% of people fail last time I checked.

Original Poster

LaoTzu;4669461

I passed 3rd time, I was so nervous the first and second time, I was … I passed 3rd time, I was so nervous the first and second time, I was shaking so much I couldn't press the clutch in properly on the first, on the second the instructor made me reverse round a corner AND up a hill at the same time and I stalled it. By the third I thought oh well, whatever happens happens and I passed Try, which is hard I know, but try and think if you don't pass it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things :)Also try Bach Rescue Remedy, it's great for calming you down.Best of luck

whats bach rescue remedy and wheres it from thanks

I passed second time.
    Nerves got the best of me the first time. It took me way more than the usual 3 points to do that turn.

mamamia7;4669477

whats bach rescue remedy and wheres it from thanks

You can get it from Boots, Sainsburys and most good chemists and health food shops.

Its a natural remedy made from flowers and it just calms you down in times of stress

bachflower.com/

took me 4 attempts for my car test, recently passed my bike test first time though

deathtrap3000;4669486

I passed second time. Nerves got the best of me the first time. It took … I passed second time. Nerves got the best of me the first time. It took me way more than the usual 3 points to do that turn.

sure it's now a "turn in the road" Don't think you have to do it in 3 turns anymore, I could be wrong, it was 15 years ago I passed! :w00t:

Passed first time after 8 lessons.

Helps that I'd been driving a Tractor on the farm since I was 7. :thumbsup:

I can't read, can't write but I can drive a Tractor. :-D

deathtrap3000;4669486

I passed second time. Nerves got the best of me the first time. It took … I passed second time. Nerves got the best of me the first time. It took me way more than the usual 3 points to do that turn.

The 3 point turn can be done in as many turns as it takes now.

Its officially called a ''turn in the road''

I always ask when I'm told to do one. Basically, if you can't make the turn in 3 turns, take as many as needed.

Original Poster

souljacker;4669520

took me 4 attempts for my car test, recently passed my bike test first … took me 4 attempts for my car test, recently passed my bike test first time though

omg i hope i dont take that many times..(what a waste of money!)but at least you are passed now.

My dad failed his test 7 times so when he got his 8th test through we never told him till his driving instructor showed up,he passed then but was the worst driver ever,I would not get in a car with him or allow my kids in,we should have just let him keep failing

i passed 3rd time!
    1st one i reversed into the road instead of round the corner!
    2nd time should,nt have went due to personal situation and failed not making that an excuse but seriously should not have went but the usual carry on with life as such!
    3rd time passed.
    good luck :thumbsup:

ettam123;4669566

My dad failed his test 7 times so when he got his 8th test through we … My dad failed his test 7 times so when he got his 8th test through we never told him till his driving instructor showed up,he passed then but was the worst driver ever,I would not get in a car with him or allow my kids in,we should have just let him keep failing

love it! :-D no offence but sounds like my uncle!

passed on second.
    if you still feel that nervous then i would take extra lessons inbetween. as the more confident that you will feel the better you will perform in the test.

I passed 1st time but I was 7 months pregnant at the time and I think that kept me calm :thumbsup:

Good luck on your next test x

hubby bought me a car a 10 year old clio but i loved it even the leaking sunroof! to practice in inbetween lessons and i went out with my sister and friend and that really helped.

Original Poster

i think im always gonna be nervous regardless...and have a lesson on sat and maybe have one night before not sure yet.

Banned

1st time for me.

Test taken 3 months after starting and about 16 lessons. (Though I did have my own car at 17 which my Dad used to take me out in for extra lessons over and above the driving school.)

Probably wasn't really good enough to pass when I took the test though. Just got the bit of luck where everything went right on the day.

2nd time for me, went in with the atitude that if i fail i fail, if i pass it's a bonus. Your driving test is one of the few things in life that you can have as many chances as you like at it.

wulshaz;4669616

love it! :-D no offence but sounds like my uncle!

I see your from Glasgow maybe we are cousins

I took my test after 24 lessons...failed. I think i was soo sooo nervous I clipped a corner when I reversed around it. Second test I took at 32 lessons and passed with flying colours.

Passed first time after about 8 lessons but had been riding motorbikes for a few years beforehand. Definitely makes you a better driver with more appreciation of what's going on around you on the road.

hornblowerracing;4669562

Passed first time after 8 lessons.Helps that I'd been driving a Tractor … Passed first time after 8 lessons.Helps that I'd been driving a Tractor on the farm since I was 7. :thumbsup:I can't read, can't write but I can drive a Tractor. :-D

Lol!

I passed first time - lord knows how, as I didn't notice the pedestrian crossing light change, and nearly ran over an old dear - test chappie didn't seem to mind - was actually impressed by my impromptu "emergency stop" :w00t:

Best of luck anyway :thumbsup:

I passed 2nd time - I also stalled the car - maybe it did relax me too - thinking - Oh well I must have failed, But I remained in control!

My Brother in Law just passed his test first time, about a month ago... It can be done!

Good luck

My parents booked me a test and some lessons for my 17th birthday pressie in June, they booked the test for 27th June because the written test came in on the 1st July - Nice to see the faith they have in me:roll: lol

I passed 1st time btw :-D

ive had 9 lessons so far, hope i pass first time

I passed my car test first time on Christmas Eve at 8:40am, was sure I was going to fail as the conditions were awful and I'd mucked up every maneuver when practicing beforehand. However it all went smoothly and passed with five minors which was about 11 years ago.

I didn't do so well with my bike test which I was sitting over the past winter and only passed on my third attempt. People always ask if it's because the bike test is more difficult or something else and the truth is I don't really know. I feel before sitting my motorbike test I was a much better rider than I was a driver before sitting my car test as I had 11 years of experience on the roads before sitting the bike test. There seems to be so many tiny things that can auto-fail you on the bike compared to the car.

Anyway I do know what it's like to fail and it's not a great sensation but I don't think the tests are a definitive assessment of your abilities - I know plenty of people who did not pass their test first time due to a bus pulling out unexpectedly or someone else making a mess of the roundabout and forcing their car to take evasive action which the examiner didn't agree with. Don't make passing the test the be all and end all, if you do fail don't dwell on it - go home and just rebook your test as soon as possible and get ready for that obviously ensuring that you don't do whatever failed you in the first place.

Quite honestly I just felt sick after failing the first time as I was confident I was going to pass first time, then when I managed to briefly put my foot down during the U-turn on my second test I really started to despair. The worst part was that the second test was the last time I would be able to take the test from that centre as the next available slot would be at the new test centre - I was so sure that the second attempt was going to be it as they changed to the old centre at the last minute to my relief and the weather was surprisingly good for December.

For my third test everything looked to be stacked against me as the weather was poor - changing from heavy rain to a bright, low sun and it was at the new test centre. Going one direction meant getting onto a very busy roundabout from an exit no-one used making it very difficult to move off or the other way would be threading through a portion of an industrial estate where the trucks are honestly a law unto themselves. The instructor was one up from Glasgow whose routes were not well known. As we started off we went left out of the test centre which was bad news as it meant going onto the bad roundabout, up the dual carriageway and then off to do a u-turn on a road which has a noticeable angle from one side to the other making u-turns very difficult. Luck was with me however as I managed straight onto the roundabout as it was quiet, as we went on to do the emergency stop I was desperately hoping for a car to get in the way so I'd have to come round and I'd do my u-turn the other way around - coming down the slope rather than up it. No such luck and once again I was sitting to do my u-turn knowing I'd probably muck it up...rather than stop and wait I have the bike a good twist of the throttle (too much) and went for it, the bike came round rather sharply but it made it with no foot down and without touching the kerb. It was a smooth ride from there on in and to put it mildly I was ecstatic when he told me I passed.

Good luck with your test and just keep your chin up if you do fail as you are most certainly not on your own.

John

I passed first time.
    made a mistake reversing around the corner and just asked, could i try it again .

i passed 4th time but you know what its pot luck really i say good luck hope you pass ;-)

2nd time for me.
    All the best drivers pass 2nd time.
    Apparently.
    Although it might have had something to do with the fact that the first test was in a car I'd never driven before (oops) and the second one was in my father's (that I had).

2nd time for me, I was so nervous on both occasions though. Almost 3 years ago now, yikes!

1st time thought I'd failed so i relaxed, worked a treat :thumbsup:

1st time here ..........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764176
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846147
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891820
      4. word association Game72744167

See more discussions