Groups

Driving with glasses

I recently started wearing glasses / contacts

Does this effect anything on my license?
    Is there supposed to be some kind of code printed on licenses for people that wear glasses.

Do i have to inform the DVLA that i am wearing glasses for driving.

I had a quick look through the driving license booklet and it doesn't mention it.

can anyone help

6 Comments

Nope. It's OK to drive with specs or contacts as long as you can read a number plate from xxx feet.

Original Poster

so there isn't any change to my driving license then?

vikingaero

Nope. It's OK to drive with specs or contacts as long as you can read a … Nope. It's OK to drive with specs or contacts as long as you can read a number plate from xxx feet.

30ft, are you a Roman?:whistling:

fox2020

30ft, are you a Roman?:whistling:

tantum procul weekend :w00t:

yes, you have to inform the DVLA if you cannot read the number plate of a car from 30 feet without them. You may not have a note printed on your actual licence itself, but if stopped by the police, then information will be available that you are supposed to be wearing them.

The idea behind telling the DVLA is that it gets put on your licence so that when you are driving in, for example, Spain, the police know that you need glasses & can demand to see the second (spare) pair that you are required by law to carry when driving in Spain.

The police in this country don't care whether or not it's on your licence as they can always make you carry out a roadside test if they think your eyesight is poor - it's just another EU ruling to 'harmonise' European countries.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism69
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764316
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157

See more discussions