Groups

Drone.

I have been very stuck with buying for my 11 year old Son but hs eyes lit up when we were shopping today and saw a drone. These are new to me but it said the flying time is only 6 minutes? Can you recommend a good one for under £50 please, preferably with a camera. Thanks.

10 Comments

Hey mate, i'm not an expert but saw this a few days ago. Hope it helps

maplin.co.uk/p/c…SXQ

The Syma X5C-1 is pretty good starter drone with camera. Currently £38.45 on Amazon
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51X3XY1tIwL._SL1500_.jpg
    Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 26th Nov 2016

Original Poster

andyl33t

Hey mate, i'm not an expert but saw this a few days ago. Hope it … Hey mate, i'm not an expert but saw this a few days ago. Hope it helpshttp://www.maplin.co.uk/p/cyclone-nano-quadcopter-with-camera-n46ef?ranMID=40341&ranEAID=svunC25memk&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-LUe7hDOAACMBKqNQ5h8SXQ

Ooh looks great half price and 5 stars. Will look into this now. Thanks.

A lot of the cheaper ones you in the UK are also on Gearbest.

Compare prices gearbest.com/

louisebarker

Ooh looks great half price and 5 stars. Will look into this now. Thanks.

Better off with a Syma X5, lots of versions and only a little more but lots of spares. The cameras are junk on all of them and a bit of a novelty, and yes short flight times but extra batteries are pretty cheap. X5C is good but pretty old now, the newer ones have a few more features like altitude hold and headless mode.

Also PLEASE make sure he flies responsibly and legally, if not then at best he'll get the hobby banned at worst he'll kill someone.
    Edited by: "dcx_badass" 27th Nov 2016

extra batteries a must. And dont fly near anything at all-recomend middle of playing fields. My sons Parrott drone lasts 5 mins max and broke on landing on first flight. And he'll be bored of it after a month.

Be better getting him a game for his play console.

chuckiedoll

The Syma X5C-1 is pretty good starter drone with camera. Currently £38.45 … The Syma X5C-1 is pretty good starter drone with camera. Currently £38.45 on Amazon

I researched quite a few in the under £50 bracket a few months ago and this comment is the one I'd go for. See youtube video here:

google.co.uk/url…tzw

Make sure you get the -1 version, this corrected previous issues where I believe the manufacturer didn't account for the extra weight of the camera and it created handling issues.

Banned

I regularly fly cheap drones next to airports in the oncoming patch of flights in the hope I make it onto the news and become instagram famous.

How about a compromise. amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480522787&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=syma+helicopter&dpPl=1&dpID=412c7iQZm7L&ref=plSrch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fanta Snapcode for Filters and Lenses11
      2. What would be HELL to you?1920
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014

See more discussions