Drone

Posted 6th Jan
Can anyone suggest a good drone with a camera that’s not too expensive.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Haircut_10006/01/2020 23:35

How do you know how much the OP wants to spend?

Didn't say I know the exact figure other than the max that OP states they want to spend.
19 Comments
What do you define as "not too expensive"?
Dji tello
Martin Scorsese's work goes on a bit.
Haircut_10006/01/2020 21:47

What do you define as "not too expensive"?

It’s only going to be used for a week so don’t want to pays hundreds
Dylan_Smith13506/01/2020 23:02

It’s only going to be used for a week so don’t want to pays hundreds

But much do you want to spend?
AndyRoyd06/01/2020 23:33

Literally no more than £199.99; any more would be hundreds.

Haircut_10006/01/2020 23:35

Didn't say I know the exact figure other than the max that OP states they want to spend.
AndyRoyd06/01/2020 23:43

Didn't say I know the exact figure other than the max that OP states they …Didn't say I know the exact figure other than the max that OP states they want to spend.

Let the OP state what their budget is and what they want to spend rather than guessing on their behalf.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 6th Jan
Haircut_10006/01/2020 23:52

Let the OP state what their budget is and what they want to spend rather …Let the OP state what their budget is and what they want to spend rather than guessing on their behalf.

Nobody has guessed the amount OP wants to spend; but no guess required to read that it's less than £200.
Breathe. They said not hundreds anyway...no need to get salty on others behalf when someone is trying to help. It's not 2019 anymore
Less than £100 seen loads on amazon for around £50 and was wondering if anyone has purchased one from there
Dylan_Smith13507/01/2020 07:34

Less than £100 seen loads on amazon for around £50 and was wondering if a …Less than £100 seen loads on amazon for around £50 and was wondering if anyone has purchased one from there

They are merely toys.

As you need one with a camera for a week I assume it’s to record a trip or holiday - it would be pointless using one of those cheap amazon drones - the cameras are terrible and they are difficult to fly.

If you are on a budget your going to need to stretch a bit over 100 otherwise you’re just wasting your time to be honest.

Look on Facebook/gumtree for a second hand Dji spark or a parrot bebop - they are quite old now but still have decent cameras and very beginner friendly.

Also worth noting - in the uk you now need to register on the CAA website for a free flyer ID and if the drone is over 249g (most are) you must take a online test and pay £9 for an operator ID.
My uncle Eric.
adamtattonreid07/01/2020 09:29

They are merely toys.As you need one with a camera for a week I assume …They are merely toys.As you need one with a camera for a week I assume it’s to record a trip or holiday - it would be pointless using one of those cheap amazon drones - the cameras are terrible and they are difficult to fly.If you are on a budget your going to need to stretch a bit over 100 otherwise you’re just wasting your time to be honest.Look on Facebook/gumtree for a second hand Dji spark or a parrot bebop - they are quite old now but still have decent cameras and very beginner friendly.Also worth noting - in the uk you now need to register on the CAA website for a free flyer ID and if the drone is over 249g (most are) you must take a online test and pay £9 for an operator ID.

I take it the DJi Tello is no good?

I'm curious about Drones also
rogan179107/01/2020 10:07

I take it the DJi Tello is no good?I'm curious about Drones also …I take it the DJi Tello is no good?I'm curious about Drones also

The tello is a great little drone - but it’s again a bit of a toy. Get for flying indoors or in the garden but it’s not suited to distance flying or anything over a gentle breeze.
Fun way to get your kids into drones or as something to play with.
The camera isn’t great 5mp, 720p.

You can grab them for £100 these days new - so if you just want a bit of fun without expecting epic landscape photos and videos it’s worth a pop.
adamtattonreid07/01/2020 10:23

The tello is a great little drone - but it’s again a bit of a toy. Get for …The tello is a great little drone - but it’s again a bit of a toy. Get for flying indoors or in the garden but it’s not suited to distance flying or anything over a gentle breeze.Fun way to get your kids into drones or as something to play with. The camera isn’t great 5mp, 720p.You can grab them for £100 these days new - so if you just want a bit of fun without expecting epic landscape photos and videos it’s worth a pop.

Cheers appreciate the reply!
adamtattonreid07/01/2020 09:29

They are merely toys.As you need one with a camera for a week I assume …They are merely toys.As you need one with a camera for a week I assume it’s to record a trip or holiday - it would be pointless using one of those cheap amazon drones - the cameras are terrible and they are difficult to fly.If you are on a budget your going to need to stretch a bit over 100 otherwise you’re just wasting your time to be honest.Look on Facebook/gumtree for a second hand Dji spark or a parrot bebop - they are quite old now but still have decent cameras and very beginner friendly.Also worth noting - in the uk you now need to register on the CAA website for a free flyer ID and if the drone is over 249g (most are) you must take a online test and pay £9 for an operator ID.

Thanks for the advice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions