Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Drone Advice

Posted 27th Apr
Hey guys and gals hope you are all well. I'm thinking of getting my dad a basic drone for his birthday. He always wanted a radio controlled helicopter and never had one. Ideally something that doesn't need a license that is easy to control and basically just fun to mess about with. luckily he gets on with the neighbours so asking for it back when he crashes it in their garden shouldn't be a problem :p.

Many Thanks and stay safe
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
What’s your budget?
He won't need to ask for it back from their gardens as unless he lives 150m+ from his neighbours he can't legally fly it there.
dcx_badass27/04/2020 15:15

He won't need to ask for it back from their gardens as unless he lives …He won't need to ask for it back from their gardens as unless he lives 150m+ from his neighbours he can't legally fly it there.

Even if it's just a toy one and nothing professional. I was hoping for something that could be used in the garden...
Maverick7727/04/2020 16:02

Around £30-£40 nothing crazy.

If it’s more so for a novelty then have a look on IWOOT, Men Kind or Hawkins Bazaar you’ll definitely pick one up within your price range.
Maverick7727/04/2020 16:02

Even if it's just a toy one and nothing professional. I was hoping for …Even if it's just a toy one and nothing professional. I was hoping for something that could be used in the garden...

Yeah it's the same rules for all of them other than having to register if it's over 250g.

dronesafe.uk/dro…de/

That's not to say people doing ignore them, but legally you can't.

I can't find the story on my phone but a man was charged I think for doing one in his garden that his daughter had got for Christmas.
dcx_badass27/04/2020 16:18

Yeah it's the same rules for all of them other than having to register if …Yeah it's the same rules for all of them other than having to register if it's over 250g.https://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/That's not to say people doing ignore them, but legally you can't.I can't find the story on my phone but a man was charged I think for doing one in his garden that his daughter had got for Christmas.

Well that kinda sucks, he's not really leaving the house/garden atm and definately wouldn't be going anywhere he could fly it. Looks like he's getting Lego again
ChelseaRae27/04/2020 16:11

If it’s more so for a novelty then have a look on IWOOT, Men Kind or H …If it’s more so for a novelty then have a look on IWOOT, Men Kind or Hawkins Bazaar you’ll definitely pick one up within your price range.

Thanks
Hubsan x4 star pro, if you decide to get one anyway can be had cheap on ebay etc and has live feed and gps
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 27th Apr
Mark_Hickman27/04/2020 20:16

Hubsan x4 star pro, if you decide to get one anyway can be had cheap on …Hubsan x4 star pro, if you decide to get one anyway can be had cheap on ebay etc and has live feed and gps

Thankyou
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions