Drone for 8 year old advice

Posted 6th Nov
Hi,

My nearly 8 year old wants a drone for her birthday.

Don't need a camera.

I've had a look on Amazon and have seen the Syma x20 for £21 or the Q9 which is £32 with a 20% voucher which has popped up.

Both seem to have good reviews.

I don't want to spend more than £32.

any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
SymaX20 fully charged lasts about 5 minutes per charge
Q9 fully charged lasts about 10 minutes per 50 min charge per battery (2 Supplied)
Edited by: "fearona" 6th Nov
Awful lot of waiting around to charge it and then there's the going round neighbours to recover it. Is your daughter this patient and understanding? Mr personal feeling is that an 8yo is really too young, but you know your daughter.
Red5 Micro Quad Drone, great little indoor drone. I picked one up for about £8 new off ebay.Even with shopping around i think you would have to pay double that now.
Here's a pic of it ........

amazon.co.uk/RED…9NF

Don't forget though you need spares. If you find one for around £8 get two, then you've got spare parts and can have a 2nd battery so not so much messing around.
Ignore this the one op wants is smaller
Edited by: "eslick" 6th Nov
I'd think an average 8 year old would get bored with this almost straight away. Mine certainly would.
eslick06/11/2019 15:26

dont forget https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50293106

The ones the OP are interested in are below the 250g miniumum weight & thus would be exempt, but it is worth bearing in mind.
IamMT06/11/2019 16:08

The ones the OP are interested in are below the 250g miniumum weight & …The ones the OP are interested in are below the 250g miniumum weight & thus would be exempt, but it is worth bearing in mind.

Yep,no idea how much they weighed but son has a larger one and just checked it doesn’t even go up to that weight.
eslick06/11/2019 18:01

Yep,no idea how much they weighed but son has a larger one and just …Yep,no idea how much they weighed but son has a larger one and just checked it doesn’t even go up to that weight.

The Q9 is about 90g.
IamMT06/11/2019 18:04

The Q9 is about 90g.

Yeah bigger ones with the camera are not much more than that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants