Drone help

Posted 19th Nov
So i want to buy a drone to use but i dont know which one to buy. Im looking at dji drones such as the spark, mavic air, mavic mini and phantom 3 advanced/pro. They all have their own benefits so its hard for me to decide. Im thinking maybe begin with the spark and upgrade later on. Any help would be appreciated(y)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Be aware that licensing is coming into force for anything over 250g. It means you need to take a test, but also means you are more open to be prosecuted if you fly it over or near people etc... as you've taken the test and know you shouldn't be doing it.

I had a Parrot Bebop 2 Power edition. Great drone, decent range, easy to fly, very stable and could fly fast and do flips too. Only had a 1080p camera but it was still good. I would personally consider the Parrot Anafi after owning the Bebop 2. Check amazon warehouse for a good deal. You can always send it back within 12 months if it has a fault.
sparx198119/11/2019 10:18

Be aware that licensing is coming into force for anything over 250g. It …Be aware that licensing is coming into force for anything over 250g. It means you need to take a test, but also means you are more open to be prosecuted if you fly it over or near people etc... as you've taken the test and know you shouldn't be doing it.I had a Parrot Bebop 2 Power edition. Great drone, decent range, easy to fly, very stable and could fly fast and do flips too. Only had a 1080p camera but it was still good. I would personally consider the Parrot Anafi after owning the Bebop 2. Check amazon warehouse for a good deal. You can always send it back within 12 months if it has a fault.

Yeah i read about that, bit annoying really. Hence why i looked at the mavic mini as it has a good camera and is 249g. Will look at the parrot anafri cheers
I admit the mavic mini does look good. The anafi weighs more but has a 4k camera and it likely to be more powerful.

Based on the videos I've seen I'd be tempted by the mini too.
It's been suggested that if nobody signs up to the licence, it'll collapse (think it happened in the states)
sparx198119/11/2019 10:25

I admit the mavic mini does look good. The anafi weighs more but has a 4k …I admit the mavic mini does look good. The anafi weighs more but has a 4k camera and it likely to be more powerful.Based on the videos I've seen I'd be tempted by the mini too.

What i like about the mini over the spark is the camera and longer flight times. But then the spark has more flight modes like active track and it also has more sensors. The spark is also cheaper. Its a really hard decision
esar19/11/2019 10:28

It's been suggested that if nobody signs up to the licence, it'll collapse …It's been suggested that if nobody signs up to the licence, it'll collapse (think it happened in the states)

To be fair, whats the likelihood of being caught flying. For someone like myself who’ll fly the drone where there isnt many buildings and people, i dont see the point especially if the drone (spark) only weighs not much over the 250g.
It's £9 for a year and the online test just makes sure you know the basics (as you should), don't be put off by the test.
If you want to avoid the test/registration go 'mini', it's a great machine but not in wind. Better option would be the mavic pro, some great deals at the moment. If you can afford the extra, go for the 'fly more' packs as they are worth the extra £££.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions