Drone pilot license

Posted 14th Aug 2020
I’m an amateur photographer and am thinking of buying a drone.I know you need to register anything above 250g and do a test but is there any advantage of doing one of these courses.I can see courses for businesses,surveying etc but not for hobbyists.With a license can you do more regarding restrictions etc?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
If you got a mavic mini, its below the weight limit for the licence requirement.

That said, you way want public liability insurance still just in case.
sparx198114/08/2020 13:07

If you got a mavic mini, its below the weight limit for the licence …If you got a mavic mini, its below the weight limit for the licence requirement.That said, you way want public liability insurance still just in case.

I’ve had drones before.The last one was a mavic air but thinking of the Pro.I can fly them fine but I was wondering if you can fly them with less restrictions with a proper licence
scorpio.iscariot14/08/2020 13:09

I’ve had drones before.The last one was a mavic air but thinking of the P …I’ve had drones before.The last one was a mavic air but thinking of the Pro.I can fly them fine but I was wondering if you can fly them with less restrictions with a proper licence

Not really no. It’s the same as before, it’s just now you have to pay an annual fee to legally use it. You still have to follow the same rules. A license only provides legality to your flying, it doesn’t ease up any of the laws or restrictions on where you can fly.
sulylunat14/08/2020 15:08

Not really no. It’s the same as before, it’s just now you have to pay an an …Not really no. It’s the same as before, it’s just now you have to pay an annual fee to legally use it. You still have to follow the same rules. A license only provides legality to your flying, it doesn’t ease up any of the laws or restrictions on where you can fly.

So it’s pretty pointless then for a hobbyist amateur photographer then
scorpio.iscariot14/08/2020 15:10

So it’s pretty pointless then for a hobbyist amateur photographer then

Yup pretty much. Although it is a legal requirement so for the sake of whatever the annual fee is right now, it’s worth doing just so your at least on the right side of the law. The last thing you want is for someone to complain about your flying and all of a sudden your in a lot deeper trouble for not having a license. The test is also ridiculously easy, I got it done in a lunch break at work.
Post a comment
@
    Text