Found 7th Feb
I recieved an email from Dropbox the other day stating

"When you got your Samsung device, you received 48 GB of additional Dropbox space for 2 years. That additional space expires on February 12"

What does this mean? Will I loose all my photos when it expires? Or just that I won't be able to save anything new onto it?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

It appears it does not get wiped, but you will not be able to save or sync.
dropbox.com/en/…333

Yup I had the same deal. Photos don't get deleted it's just anything else won't get uploaded. If you deleted some photos from Dropbox it does not mean you can upload more unless you get within your new limit at around 2gb. I've just left mine as it is and now use Google photos app

Never gamble more than you're willing to lose, if your pics are valuable to you maybe pick up a USB/hdd option.

Fangface74

Never gamble more than you're willing to lose, if your pics are valuable … Never gamble more than you're willing to lose, if your pics are valuable to you maybe pick up a USB/hdd option.

and that's not a good option either, rule is to store in multiple places, HHD / USD drives fail, always best to back up important items to multiple storage solutions.

Find someone with a phone that came with Dropbox app already installed. Log in to your account then log out again. You will get another 2 years. You can do this repeatedly for many accounts on the same device. I have. Not aware things have changed so should still work
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Feb

wayners

Find someone with a phone that came with Dropbox app already installed. … Find someone with a phone that came with Dropbox app already installed. Log in to your account then log out again. You will get another 2 years. You can do this repeatedly for many accounts on the same device. I have. Not aware things have changed so should still work

​I don't think it works anymore I tried but it says the offer has been withdrawn or something along them lines. in regards original question r photos are still available but u can't delete and then add any more until u go to the normal 2 or 4gb limit what ever is free or pay to upgrade but quite pointless if u don't mind google photos use that in future for free.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2094
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming1625
    3. Add one, leave one game54415450
    4. word association Game74244925

See more discussions