Dropped a broken iPhone

Posted 17th Sep
Hi,

My iPhone is booked in with Apple next week due to a fault where the screen keeps intermittently flickering...from reading forums it looks like a semi common part failure which means the screen needs replacing. However today I managed to drop my phone causing a slight chip and small crack on one of the corners of the screen. I’m now thinking Apple are going to say the screens faulty because it’s been dropped.... I can’t prove which way around the fault happened. What are Apple likely to do in people’s experience?

thanks

dan
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
They won’t replace the screen for free with a crack in my experience
This happened to me about 1.5 years ago. They refused to replace the screen as I had a chip as well as a very small crack on the side.

Good luck though. Let us know the outcome. Fingers crossed for you.
You can only try but I agree with everyone else
Hennah17/09/2019 21:57

This happened to me about 1.5 years ago. They refused to replace the …This happened to me about 1.5 years ago. They refused to replace the screen as I had a chip as well as a very small crack on the side. Good luck though. Let us know the outcome. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks but the Apple store is 50 miles away so I’m probably going to forget it.
There’ll be plenty of shops around your way that will replace screens for £40 or less. Ask friends for recommendations, in person or on Facebook. I’ve had two iPhones and one iPad screens replaced like this. Pennies compared to what Apple will charge you.
angusyoung17/09/2019 23:55

There’ll be plenty of shops around your way that will replace screens for £ …There’ll be plenty of shops around your way that will replace screens for £40 or less. Ask friends for recommendations, in person or on Facebook. I’ve had two iPhones and one iPad screens replaced like this. Pennies compared to what Apple will charge you.

Agree with this comment, you usually get repair places on small industrial estates. Don't be scared that they aren't a big business most do a good job, just look on Facebook for reviews etc. Should be no more than £60.
MonkeysUncle18/09/2019 07:31

Agree with this comment, you usually get repair places on small industrial …Agree with this comment, you usually get repair places on small industrial estates. Don't be scared that they aren't a big business most do a good job, just look on Facebook for reviews etc. Should be no more than £60.

But don't expect it to be the same screen in terms of quality and sensitivity. Some screens sensitivity is appalling you have to punch the phone to press a key.

But as others said make sure you look at reviews before commencing
They won’t touch it under warranty. The cost of a new screen through Apple is shocking.....

Just remember if you choose to get it repaired anywhere else you may find the screens aren’t sealed properly (moisture etc can get into the phone itself) and Apple won’t ever touch it again even if it’s related to a warranty claim.

Pricing:
support.apple.com/en-…ent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants