Dropped my days old Google Pixel 2 and now its a state :(

Edited by:"daveholland91"Found 29th Nov 2017
I recently bought a pixel 2 from mobiles.co.uk in the black Friday sales and like a moron managed to drop it two days later onto slate kitchen tiles, cracking the glass at the bottom of the screen, and also the ceramic material next to the camera's flash (this has chipped away and you can see the phone's inner chassis). I obviously should've waited for my phone case and screen protector to arrive but hindsight's a beautiful thing.

I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience with a newly bought phone, and if so how did they go about getting it fixed? I'm with protect your bubble so they should hopefully cover me however I'm worried they'll only replace the front screen/give me a refurb replacement, or even worse them not agreeing to fix, (as the phone still operates ok and it states they won't cover cosmetic damage).

I have messaged mobiles.co.uk but they are yet to reply so I was planning on going to carphone warehouse tonight to see if they can maybe help?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Check to make sure it isn't insured under your payment method. Also house insurance and sometimes you get a couple of days of insurance for free with a new phone.

Maybe not helpful but you could accidentally drive over it then it wouldn't be just cosmetic.

Unless it's insured you are screwed

for accidental damage
i do not think you will ge much joy from mobiles.co.uk
as its insured your insurer would be a good place to start
hope you get this resolved good luck
Edited by: "mattmerch" 29th Nov 2017

"I'm with protect your bubble "....OMG Why? Probably one of the worse "insurance" companies going.

If you bought it via CreditCard, maybe they could help?

If you have a Reward Silver, Reward Platinum or Reward Black current account with Natwest you get free mobile insurance.

I've heard that if you put it in a bag of rice overnight if fixes itself.
Sorry to hear that.

Did you add the phone to the bubble ? As if you didn’t add it the first few days of using it you might not be cover with them . Apparently there small print is too register the phone before using it . Terrible company to use .

Butter fingers😝. Do u have a case for it? I think they look ugly too but they do their job

kester762 h, 7 m ago

If you have a Reward Silver, Reward Platinum or Reward Black current …If you have a Reward Silver, Reward Platinum or Reward Black current account with Natwest you get free mobile insurance.

you will get a refurb and 200 to folk out

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments folks
Carphone warehouse quoted £170 to sort the issue (however they said google don't actually fix their phones, they just swap them straight out for new ones) and mobiles.co.uk said there was nothing they could do.
Going to have to put the claim through PTB tonight. hopefully I get some luck with them as I didn't realise they were such bad insurers! Should have read up on reviews before choosing them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions