Dropping someone off at Chessington World of Adventures

Found 23rd MayEdited by:"mutley1"
Anyone been to Chessington World of Adventures recently and can remember the parking arrangement there? I have read on their website that there is small parking fee for visiting the park and you buy the parking ticket at the kiosk or pre-book online.

I am planning to drop my brother off and collect a park ticket, which I will then give to him and drive off to do something else. I will pick him up at the end of the day when he leaves the park.

Will I need to pay for the parking ticket or is a short stay of 15 minutes will be fine? I suppose I could park in the street outside the park but thought someone may know if I can go into the car park for a short time.
Community Updates
AskTheme Park
25 Comments
You won't be able to park on the roadside and if you are actually getting out of the car yourself, I'm pretty sure you will need to pay the 'small' £3 parking charge. Also most of the car park spaces are a good five mins walk from the turnstiles. There is drop off in the coach parking but only if the driver isn't leaving the car.
You won’t be able to park anywhere near the park, the road outside has a no stopping zone, the industrial estate opposite has cameras and is manned by security who will give anyone a ticket who isn’t visiting one of the units. I would suggest you buy the ticket online and just drive in and then straight out or stop and make him jump out straight away.
cmdr_elito10 m ago

You won’t be able to park anywhere near the park, the road outside has a n …You won’t be able to park anywhere near the park, the road outside has a no stopping zone, the industrial estate opposite has cameras and is manned by security who will give anyone a ticket who isn’t visiting one of the units. I would suggest you buy the ticket online and just drive in and then straight out or stop and make him jump out straight away.

thanks. i am going to buy the ticket online but you need to collect it in person as it is not an e-ticket. in this day and age! i could buy the ticket in my brother's name and he could go and collect the ticket himself i suppose.
Ar460rn12 m ago

You won't be able to park on the roadside and if you are actually getting …You won't be able to park on the roadside and if you are actually getting out of the car yourself, I'm pretty sure you will need to pay the 'small' £3 parking charge. Also most of the car park spaces are a good five mins walk from the turnstiles. There is drop off in the coach parking but only if the driver isn't leaving the car.

is the coach parking drop off near to the kiosk? i could drop him off there and he could go and collect the ticket himself.
mutley117 m ago

thanks. i am going to buy the ticket online but you need to collect it in …thanks. i am going to buy the ticket online but you need to collect it in person as it is not an e-ticket. in this day and age! i could buy the ticket in my brother's name and he could go and collect the ticket himself i suppose.

You can buy the car parking ticket online and print off at home. Have done so many times before we had premium passes.
mutley127 m ago

is the coach parking drop off near to the kiosk? i could drop him off …is the coach parking drop off near to the kiosk? i could drop him off there and he could go and collect the ticket himself.

Yes, the coach drop off zone is pretty close. However, I would think he would need to present the card used to pay for the ticket.
Where Is The Drop Off/Collection Point at Chessington?
The drop off/collection point is located within the separate coach parking area rather than the standard car park.
Simply follow signs for coach parking & head straight towards the small drop off area directly ahead.
If you are directed to the over-spill car park, you will also find a drop off/collection point on the right hand side as cars filter off to the left to park.

Great to see that the drop off/collection point is FREE of charge as this route circumnavigates Chessington’s Parking Charges & car park barriers. Whilst this is not a large drop off area, it seems adequate for quick drop offs/collection & does allow you to walk straight in the main gate!

Hth
Ar460rn15 m ago

Yes, the coach drop off zone is pretty close. However, I would think he …Yes, the coach drop off zone is pretty close. However, I would think he would need to present the card used to pay for the ticket.

I can use his card to pay for the ticket. He needs to show proof of ID, so his passport. He may lose the passport while he is in the park is my worry.
chuckiedoll28 m ago

You can buy the car parking ticket online and print off at home. Have done …You can buy the car parking ticket online and print off at home. Have done so many times before we had premium passes.

If only I could do with the park entry ticket, it would make life a lot easier.
mutley117 m ago

If only I could do with the park entry ticket, it would make life a lot …If only I could do with the park entry ticket, it would make life a lot easier.

You can buy entry and car parking online, print at home.
chuckiedoll6 m ago

You can buy entry and car parking online, print at home.

Really? When I read on the website, it seems to indicate that you can do this for the parking, but not for the park ticket as you need to exchange your online booking with a physical ticket for the park entry at the kiosk, and to do this, you must bring id, your booking and your payment card.
Having read all this.. It hardly seems worth the bother going, it must put a lot of people off. You'd think they would make the whole process a lot easier.
There are enough parking companies out there that would run the parking for them. Some don't even have a human presence there, they iterate like the Queen Elizabeth bridge, London. You have 24 hours to pay online. No cash, no waiting.
mrty29 m ago

Having read all this.. It hardly seems worth the bother going, it must put …Having read all this.. It hardly seems worth the bother going, it must put a lot of people off. You'd think they would make the whole process a lot easier. There are enough parking companies out there that would run the parking for them. Some don't even have a human presence there, they iterate like the Queen Elizabeth bridge, London. You have 24 hours to pay online. No cash, no waiting.

i understand that eurodisney one day ticket purchased online can be e-ticket, which you just scan at the gate. our theme parks need to move into the modern age.
Last time I bought Thorpe Park tickets online I got a QR code that I scanned at the turnstiles
You did realise you could have called Chessington up and asked they're very friendly and you'll get fact not i think or maybe.
adhkarzf3 h, 43 m ago

You did realise you could have called Chessington up and asked they're …You did realise you could have called Chessington up and asked they're very friendly and you'll get fact not i think or maybe.

I already asked them about the park ticket, and they said that I needed to come and exchange it for a physical ticket if I book online. This is also what it states on their website.
sicklysweet5 h, 19 m ago

Why not get 2for1 ticket with Kellogg’s and go with h …Why not get 2for1 ticket with Kellogg’s and go with him?http://grownupsgofree.kelloggs.co.uk/

I don't like these theme parks and will just get bored waiting for him all day as he will want to go on the rides the whole day.
mutley11 h, 2 m ago

I already asked them about the park ticket, and they said that I needed to …I already asked them about the park ticket, and they said that I needed to come and exchange it for a physical ticket if I book online. This is also what it states on their website.

I meant about the parking
mutley14 h, 1 m ago

I already asked them about the park ticket, and they said that I needed to …I already asked them about the park ticket, and they said that I needed to come and exchange it for a physical ticket if I book online. This is also what it states on their website.

From their website:

Our best online discount applies when booking 5 or more days in advance of your visit date.
To save time on the day print your your tickets at home by selecting the Print@Home option at checkout. Once printed please head straight to our turnstiles to scan your tickets for entry into the Theme Park.

So print tickets at home, no need for you to go to the gate with him.
And drop off info...

The drop off/collection point is located within the separate coach parking area rather than the standard car park. Simply follow signs for coach parking & head straight towards the small drop off area directly ahead. If you are directed to the over-spill car park, you will also find a drop off/collection point on the right hand side as cars filter off to the left to park.
Worth adding though mutley... I found info in 3 minutes that you've been waiting for someone to give you since yesterday...

Sometimes, it's quicker to google this stuff yourself
mutley18 h, 11 m ago

I don't like these theme parks and will just get bored waiting for him all …I don't like these theme parks and will just get bored waiting for him all day as he will want to go on the rides the whole day.

You seem to want to make sure he gets into the park ok, so you could just keep him company whilst sorting out the tickets (as you seem to want to do anyway) and then wonder around for half an hour or whatever you want before leaving him to his own devices and either go on a few rides or go home. You never know, you might even enjoy it. You don't have to walk around the park with him, as you seem happy to let him have a day there independently (I was wondering initially if there was a reason you needed to supervise the ticket purchase in case he had special care needs, but if you're happy for him to potter about all day on his own I assume not).
mutley18 h, 18 m ago

They have all of the info online. You don't even need to print the @home tickets. Did you look at the FAQ section?

'DO I HAVE TO PRINT MY PRINT@HOME TICKETS OR CAN I SHOW THEM ON MY PHONE?
If you can open the Print@Home .pdf file that is attached to your confirmation email, then we can scan the barcode directly from your phone or tablet at Admissions on the day of your visit.'

support.chessington.com/hc/…553
miikeyblue25th May

Worth adding though mutley... I found info in 3 minutes that you've been …Worth adding though mutley... I found info in 3 minutes that you've been waiting for someone to give you since yesterday...Sometimes, it's quicker to google this stuff yourself

He wouldn't get any attention that way though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants