Groups
    EXPIRED

dry ice

hi can anyone please tell me where i can get a small amount of dry ice for halloween and advice how to store it have looked on net that you cant put it in a domestic freezer

thanks

3 Comments

Dry Ice is a bit of a pain in the bum if I'm honest
    You can keep it in a normal freezer but it will degrade more quickly - its reasonably dangerous in a ice burn sort of way and you really need quite a lot for any great smoke output.

The cheaper / safer way to get the same effect is to use a smoke machine and pipe it through a cooling system
    the last time we did it (all be it with a pro smoke machine) was to run the smoke on a low setting through a metal tube which had wine bottle coolers (from the freezer) wrapped around it.

It should work with the sort of small machine you can buy in Maplins its a bit trial and error

n

Should explain I work in theatre and we had smoke for a show done as above

Dry Ice can be stored in a freezer, at temperatures of -81 fine, factory that make food products like cheese normally have cultures sent packed in this stuff.

Get a mist maker or fogger, same effect but uses just plain cold water so much safer. You can get them in maplin.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944533
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927371
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359

See more discussions