Dry January - Are YOU going to abstain?

Found 1st Jan
Is anyone going to do a "dry January?"

Or should I say.. .. TRY and do one....

I have been thinking of it every year, but never get round to it.. .. ..

There always seems to be too many distractions - OR I am too easily led with a pop of a cork, or an invite to the rub-a-dub-dub!!!

LOL!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Failed already.
Don’t drink alcohol, so very easy for me
I haven’t touched alcohol for many years, so will definitely abstain
You have my solemn promise I will abstain cloudy for the whole

of today
32966997-ef1BN.jpg
86 Comments
Definitely am for today! Can't say I'll be able to abstain for the whole month!
Failed already.
Don’t drink alcohol, so very easy for me
Yeah. I've done it twice before. So I'm gonna try again this time but if something social comes up then I'm not too worried about breaking it. Sick of drinking now after the festivities!
I haven’t touched alcohol for many years, so will definitely abstain
Original Poster
miikeyblue1st Jan

Failed already.

LOL!!! Just one look at your username - and it says it all!!
LOVE IT!
Original Poster
chuckiedoll11 m ago

Definitely am for today! Can't say I'll be able to abstain for the whole …Definitely am for today! Can't say I'll be able to abstain for the whole month!

TODAY!!!?!?!

LOL!!
Well done!!
:-)
You have my solemn promise I will abstain cloudy for the whole

of today
32966997-ef1BN.jpg
If I do, it won't because someone made up a thing called dry January It'll be because I'm finding it quite depressing at the moment. Best avoided when one is in one of these phases and wait till it is an enjoyable pass time again.
Read some comments on Misc and immediately reached for the bottle.

Good luck to all of you, gonna be a long month.
Original Poster
I am sooo laughing at some of the comments on here!

Andy@Xcite

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

I was looking at one of the threads the other day and ... OMFG!!!
Talk about DRAMA!!!

(((HITS BOTTLE))))

LOL!!!
Wongy11039 m ago

You have my solemn promise I will abstain cloudy for the wholeof today …You have my solemn promise I will abstain cloudy for the wholeof today [Image]

I'll check in at about 10 and see if you're true to your word
Hardly drink so easy.
DRY january going well here. Aint had a bath yet
Original Poster
I am so laughing at some of these cheeky comments!

I suggested it to a mate of mine - and the look on his face!!!

It was as if I taken away his football! :P
LOL!!!
It's very wet here, hic
just been to a party so no not giving up until tomorrow
Banned
TROLLING - ha never giving up pointing out the stupidity of others.
For emergencies
32967684-Oitcr.jpg
Original Poster
^^^^^ LOL!!!!! Summer!!!
Everything in moderation. I often get a shandy or becks blue on my rounds. Always done it. Got caught a few times when someone took a sip by mistake but abandoned drink or waited until later to grab it again. Always made it home safely. Find a way you can sustain drinking less forever. Be realistic. Giving up for 1 month is pointless I think. I sometimes go 6+ weeks without a drink now. Take it or leave it but I get headaches when I drink which puts me off.. Never used to
Edited by: "wayners" 1st Jan
deleted265520
Only drunk alcohol 3 times the whole of 2017 including last night.

I feel vile.
I'm never gonna drink again. Although I can thoroughly recommend Korean Soju & beer cocktails washed down with Japanese Whiskey. Tomorrow morning it's gym time for the 1st time for 6 weeks.
MSK.2 h, 24 m ago

If I do, it won't because someone made up a thing called dry January If I do, it won't because someone made up a thing called dry January It'll be because I'm finding it quite depressing at the moment. Best avoided when one is in one of these phases and wait till it is an enjoyable pass time again.

Your not doing it right. Surely the phrase 'The more the merrier' explains it all
OllieSt18 m ago

I'm never gonna drink again. Although I can thoroughly recommend Korean …I'm never gonna drink again. Although I can thoroughly recommend Korean Soju & beer cocktails washed down with Japanese Whiskey. Tomorrow morning it's gym time for the 1st time for 6 weeks.

Don't work too hard

32968032-dQhVZ.jpg

deleted800342
My last dry January has gone on for 5 years so I think I'll manage this one
DT891st Jan

Only drunk alcohol 3 times the whole of 2017 including last night.I feel …Only drunk alcohol 3 times the whole of 2017 including last night.I feel vile.

And due to excess lapsed into a coma each time
I had to work today, but off tomorrow so going to have a few tonight and play the PlayStation then I'll have some tomorrow also if I want.
summerof7621 m ago

Don't work too hard[Image]

Tomorrow morning is definitely theoretical at the moment. It's a 6am start
OllieSt36 m ago

Your not doing it right. Surely the phrase 'The more the merrier' …Your not doing it right. Surely the phrase 'The more the merrier' explains it all

I didn't know you wanted me to die so much. Duly noted
I'm in not only to dry out but need to shed a few pounds and I like takeaways more than booze lol
MSK.3 h, 16 m ago

If I do, it won't because someone made up a thing called dry January If I do, it won't because someone made up a thing called dry January It'll be because I'm finding it quite depressing at the moment. Best avoided when one is in one of these phases and wait till it is an enjoyable pass time again.

and then there is 'stoptober' people also give up for movember

where will this madness end ?

deeky2 h, 44 m ago

I'll check in at about 10 and see if you're true to your word

32968403-yH8Nn.jpg
Edited by: "Wongy110" 1st Jan
Original Poster
I am supposed to be giving up for Jan but I am .. .. .. .. .. .. Urrrrghhh!!!! The fridge is calling me!!! I am soooo sooooo in need of another one!!!
When the Vicar calls, we both have sherry.

Sherry is a very nice woman and very "accommodating".

Amen
MSK.2 h, 50 m ago

I didn't know you wanted me to die so much. Duly noted

Happy new year MSK

I don't want you to die, the whole notion is just futile.

32969152-VpzH4.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 2nd Jan
OllieSt12 m ago

Happy new year MSKI don't want you to die, the whole notion is just …Happy new year MSKI don't want you to die, the whole notion is just futile.[Image]

My notion that if things make you unhappy you should stop? I dunno about that.
I've never been a big drinker, but I should prrrrrobably lay off the chocolate/sugar for a while...alas we just found a massive toblerone and tub of Celebrations that we'd bought for xmas and forgotten about ;(.
OllieSt5 h, 49 m ago

I'm never gonna drink again. Although I can thoroughly recommend Korean …I'm never gonna drink again. Although I can thoroughly recommend Korean Soju & beer cocktails washed down with Japanese Whiskey. Tomorrow morning it's gym time for the 1st time for 6 weeks.

Soju, argh. Soju with peach juice, yum. Maybe just peach juice, yum.
deleted265520
Second day of the hangover commencing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants