Found 20th May 2007
Hi could any1 tell me how long it norm takes to Calibrate a DS as im trying to do my daughters but it never seems to end ? just been doin it for an hr now and still the 4 squares im waiting for aint appeared :? ?
Many thanks xx

23 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Should be immediate. Try resetting it and starting again. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok will do thanks xx

Original Poster

Lol sorry Syzable i just started again but still goin on an on :? Anything else I should try?
Can I say your a star always on hand to help ! Thanks Hun x

Sloth/Mod

shellymanc

Lol sorry Syzable i just started again but still goin on an on :? … Lol sorry Syzable i just started again but still goin on an on :? Anything else I should try?Can I say your a star always on hand to help ! Thanks Hun x

No probs chick. Right when you get the 4 boxes, do you then touch all 4 with the stylus and then press A to confirm? It should then be set. Also is the touch screen out at all when games are being played as they are usually really good at being accurate. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hi I dont even manage to reach the point of the 4 boxes it just goes on an on lol and yes it's very out when she on piczo chat and playing games xx

Sloth/Mod

Right, when you start the calibration test, there should be a little red box in the top left corner that you have to tap with the stylus, then bottom right and then the centre. Is the first one showing up?

Original Poster

yes thats all i get and never seems to end ! xx

Sloth/Mod

Right! So it just keeps repeating those same 3 steps. It sounds like you're not quite getting it spot on in the cross but if it's not that it could be dirt making it hard to recognise the touch.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]There is a fix for that and it's a bit of a diy job so be careful. Full instructions here. ]http//ww…303[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Also is it the DS or the DS Lite.[/SIZE]

Original Poster

I think im gettin right im the middle of square but then again I am getting a bit bog eyed i been doing it that long now lol It's a DS ! I will have a look at the link Thanks hun x

Sloth/Mod

shellymanc

I think im gettin right im the middle of square but then again I am … I think im gettin right im the middle of square but then again I am getting a bit bog eyed i been doing it that long now lol It's a DS ! I will have a look at the link Thanks hun x

No problem. If you still can't get any joy then give me a shout on here or by PM. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

:thumbsup: Will do thanks Hun xx

Original Poster

Hi again Syzable I sent you a PM but just in case you dont check them im sending here aswell lol I cleaned the DS with a toothbrush like the site said but still cant seem to calibrate it :x lol Have you any other suggestions as to what else i should try?
Thanks Hun xx

Sloth/Mod

shellymanc

Hi again Syzable I sent you a PM but just in case you dont check them im … Hi again Syzable I sent you a PM but just in case you dont check them im sending here aswell lol I cleaned the DS with a toothbrush like the site said but still cant seem to calibrate it :x lol Have you any other suggestions as to what else i should try?Thanks Hun xx

I shall get back to you and let you know if there is anything else to try. :thumbsup:

Have you tried pressing a bit harder? :? Just a thought...thats all :thinking: HTH

Original Poster

birdyboyuk

Have you tried pressing a bit harder? :? Just a thought...thats all … Have you tried pressing a bit harder? :? Just a thought...thats all :thinking: HTH

The square does move around like it should but will try pressing Harder ! Let you know lol xx

Is the touch screen working in games and on other ds functions e.g pictochat?

Bryan

Original Poster

Bryan839

Is the touch screen working in games and on other ds functions e.g … Is the touch screen working in games and on other ds functions e.g pictochat?Bryan

Hi Bryan it works but she has to press other letters to get the letter she wants xx

Original Poster

shellymanc

Hi Bryan it works but she has to press other letters to get the letter … Hi Bryan it works but she has to press other letters to get the letter she wants xx

PS Congrats on passing Driving Test :thumbsup:

shellymanc

Hi Bryan it works but she has to press other letters to get the letter … Hi Bryan it works but she has to press other letters to get the letter she wants xx

Thats really strange, the calibration wizard should fix that for you, weird how its not working, is it a DS Lite? If its under warranty give the retailer you got it from a ring :thumbsup:

Bryan

shellymanc

PS Congrats on passing Driving Test :thumbsup:

aww thank you.

Bryan

Original Poster

Bryan839

Thats really strange, the calibration wizard should fix that for you, … Thats really strange, the calibration wizard should fix that for you, weird how its not working, is it a DS Lite? If its under warranty give the retailer you got it from a ring :thumbsup: Bryan

It just a DS and out of Warranty now ! Cant understand why the calibrating wont work and driving me mad lol but thanks for help anyway xx

shellymanc

It just a DS and out of Warranty now ! Cant understand why the … It just a DS and out of Warranty now ! Cant understand why the calibrating wont work and driving me mad lol but thanks for help anyway xx

No probz, sorry I cant help more.

Bryan

Original Poster

Bryan839

No probz, sorry I cant help more.Bryan

No worries Thanks Hun :thumbsup: xxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions