EXPIRED

DS games in black boxes?

Banned
Would these be non-uk games? im sure i read somewhere all uk games come in the clear boxes?

23 Comments

Banned

As far as I know all UK games have clear boxes yes

Yes, it normally US imports that are in black cases. You'll also find that these cases are slightly thinner than the UK ones.

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;2472000

As far as I know all UK games have clear boxes yes

yes i thought that was the case
will this make a difference to selling them?

Banned

sassie;2472007

yes i thought that was the case (lol)will this make a difference to … yes i thought that was the case (lol)will this make a difference to selling them?

No...

Just say they are replacement cases...they won't know

Unless u sell them on here:?

ODB_69;2472012

No...Just say they are replacement cases...they won't knowUnless u sell … No...Just say they are replacement cases...they won't knowUnless u sell them on here:?

Dunno, it might cause a problem in places like GAME, as the barcode on the back will be different to a UK release.

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;2472012

No...Just say they are replacement cases...they won't knowUnless u sell … No...Just say they are replacement cases...they won't knowUnless u sell them on here:?

Oh no, wouldnt sell them as uk games if they arent, so would i just need to say they are imports?

sassie;2472021

Oh no, wouldnt sell them as uk games if they arent, so would i just need … Oh no, wouldnt sell them as uk games if they arent, so would i just need to say they are imports?

It depends on who you are selling them to.

Some shops won't take them.

They have a lower resale value than UK games, you have to make it clear that they work just as UK games.

Original Poster Banned

right only have two in black cases, one is deffo a uk version as the barcode on the back is same as uk one, just need to find someone with how old is your brain to check barcode on that one

Barcode on Dr Kawashima's Brain Training. How old is your brain is - 4549673712, incase anyone has it that could check for me please

Thinking back Sassie, I'm sure a couple of years ago I bought a copy of Brain Training for my brother from Powerplaydirect, and that came in a black case (in fact, the sleeve was different to the UK version - it was yellow instead of blue).

Has your copy got an age rating on the front? And if so, what does the box look like that it's in?

Banned

Yeah midlands is right...do you have a Pic of it? Might be able to tell where its from as DS is universal I believe and plays games from any country

Original Poster Banned

Sleeve looks exactly same as ones in uk, age is 3+

Banned

sassie;2472089

Age rating isn't on a different side or a different shape is it?

They should be all clear boxes if they arnt it means they are imports - usa use smaller boxes

Although they are thinner so look stupid

sassie;2472089

It's a UK one. As long as it got the PEGI (??) rating on the front, you'd be fine trading it in / selling it.

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;2472090

Age rating isn't on a different side or a different shape is it?

No, In exactly same place as all the others, have added the barcode in prev post,in the hope someone may have one to check

Looks like its ok sassie - just found this on the Tesco site:

http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainment/MM/LB/699725_GS_L_B.jpg

Banned

Sound like its fine then, Does it have the PEGI rating?
If so sounds like a UK release despite the case

Might be a universal Euro release, sipped all around europe looking the same

And this is theversion Powerplaydirect sent me

http://www.bruceeisner.com/brainage_box.gif

the game cartridge itself will tell you where its from, the label has writing on the bottom EUR for europe, USA for america etc :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

midlandscomics;2472133

Looks like its ok sassie - just found this on the Tesco site:

Exactly the same, and same barcode:thumbsup:

Some of the UK games have shipped in black cases..........they apparently also plan to make the slimmer black boxes the norm worldwide.

http://www.hdgamenews.com/uploaded_images/fake-nintendo-ds-cartridge-716726.jpg ignore the real fake thing the picture is to show the writing on the bottom these state usa

Original Poster Banned

oh yes, both games have EUR on the cartridges, thanks guys rep left for ya all x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917248
    3. What an absolute disgrace2159
    4. Better watch out for these...1016

See more discussions