Groups

ds lite broken hinge

Banned
    I read somewhere about this being a problem, was this on the ds normal or the lite?
    Just wondering if this will be covered under the 12 months warranty or if i will have t use the insurance on it

14 Comments

My daughter has had 2 DS Lites and the hinge broke on both of them within weeks. Didn't bother getting it repaired as she would probably have just broken it again.

My original ds had this problem....a couple weeks ago it finally gave way and the hinge snapped...course iv had it 2-3 years so i wasnt covered by warrenty...but it is a common occurance.
    I just bought a replacement casing of ebay and took it apart.....it can be risky business if you dont know what your doing though.

think this happens quite alot, more so on the lite. where did you buy from? i surpose it depends how it happened? or how you say it happened? i would guess you would have to claim under warranty, but again depends on store you purchased from.

Original Poster Banned

it will be replaced, it is under 12 months, but just wondered if they going to push to use my insurance on it, meaning i will have to repurchase new warranty on new one

I see what you mean...however if you can make up a story so it sounds as if the ds came that way....for instance there was a slight crack but you didnt think much of it, then you should be able to claim warrenty as it is a fault that came when you bought the ds...
    Claiming Insurance can be more timewasting tbh

Original Poster Banned

godfatherman;5508310

I see what you mean...however if you can make up a story so it sounds as … I see what you mean...however if you can make up a story so it sounds as if the ds came that way....for instance there was a slight crack but you didnt think much of it, then you should be able to claim warrenty as it is a fault that came when you bought the ds...Claiming Insurance can be more timewasting tbh

its the argos replacement insurance, so no biggie, just means i will have to pay for a new policy if the insurance is used, it hasnt been dropped or anything its just broke

oh right......yes you could do that, that is what i would recommend if its the argos insurance, that way you get another one immediately...it beats waiting ages for a replacement and worth the couple of pounds to get it replaced.

The best way to sort it is to taser it i have read this somewhere ;-)

Original Poster Banned

godfatherman;5508466

oh right......yes you could do that, that is what i would recommend if … oh right......yes you could do that, that is what i would recommend if its the argos insurance, that way you get another one immediately...it beats waiting ages for a replacement and worth the couple of pounds to get it replaced.

will try for it under the 12 months manu warranty, otherwise will have to pay for another insurance, even under manu warranty ir is still replaced if it is a manu fault, and the insurance re-starts from date of new one:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

abacus;5509020

The best way to sort it is to taser it i have read this somewhere ;-)

is that taser or tazer :w00t:

I knew i had seen it somewhere ]http//ww…uk/ :thumbsup:

o.k let me know how you get on

my hinge broke and i took it to a repair shop and they suggested a they put a brand new case on it and hey presto - looks new. Cost me £15

Original Poster Banned

godfatherman;5509524

o.k let me know how you get on

would not replace, would only send off for repair, so used extra insurance to replace it, so cost me £20 to get a new one and a new 3 year replacemtn insurance, so son will be delighter as he got a new red one rather than another black - lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927369
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133

See more discussions