Groups

ds lite broken power switch!

its about my ds lite its got broken power switch i read on internet there way to turn on ds lite using a pin or needle to push black thing inside power switch which you slide when i look inside where the broken power switch all i see is a black unit thats its i dont know how to push it i need help please.

8 Comments

shine a torch in the hole and get a screw driver and push the black thing up. if u cant do it like doin this every time superglue a piece of plastic on the black thing and wen the glue dries u hav ur self a homemade switch

You can buy a replacement power switch from DEALEXTREME for $1.68 (about £1)delivered if thats any help

PEPSIDAVE;3141861

You can buy a replacement power switch from DEALEXTREME for $1.68 (about … You can buy a replacement power switch from DEALEXTREME for $1.68 (about £1)delivered if thats any help

And an pain in the butt to replace unless you have the correct tools ! :-D

i never said it was easy and you can also buy the screwdriver for about 70p from there

Original Poster

i tried frist method didnt work so i will buy replacement switch and the screwdrive from deal extreme and it will only cost me £1 a bargin which i will have use a soldering tool which could be hard i want to know when can i get a soldering iron cheap price

express15;3142705

i tried frist method didnt work so i will buy replacement switch and the … i tried frist method didnt work so i will buy replacement switch and the screwdrive from deal extreme and it will only cost me £1 a bargin which i will have use a soldering tool which could be hard i want to know when can i get a soldering iron cheap price

It's a surface mount switch .....you won't be able to change it with a standard soldering iron.

Switch is on the right of this picture (ignore arrows) :

http://www.modd3d.com/articles/media/2/20070416-GBAccelerator-DS-Lite-Antenna-Microphone-Connectors.jpg

Original Poster

which tool can i use then?

Mecoconuts;3142761

It's a surface mount switch .....you won't be able to change it with a … It's a surface mount switch .....you won't be able to change it with a standard soldering iron.Switch is on the right of this picture (ignore arrows) :

Switch is on the left and is a right pig to change even if you have the right tools.
    I wouldn't advise it.
    Take starsparkle2311's advice. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions