Groups

DS Lite help please

My 3 year old girl is getting a ds lite for xmas and she is mad on hello kitty. Shes also asked for a purple ds which doesnt exsist! Ive found purple casings on ebay, hello kitty casings and vinyl stickers. Any advice on how easy they are to fit, what tools are needed or whether the vinyl stickers are removable? Any help greatly appreciated x

10 Comments

The stickers just stick on easily hun xxx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6886255

The stickers just stick on easily hun xxx

Do they come off again if she goes off hello kitty?

pinkkitty2007;6886273

Do they come off again if she goes off hello kitty?

Yep... with that lil white sticky residue but you can clean it off if youre careful xxx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6886281

Yep... with that lil white sticky residue but you can clean it off if … Yep... with that lil white sticky residue but you can clean it off if youre careful xxx

Thanks repped x x

Anyone had an experience of the casings?

casings requirse a moderate amount of skill as there are a few screws to remove(require a special torx screwdriver). also i believe you have to disconnect the screen cable and reconnect again. Normally buying a kit will get you the screwdriver and fixing kit.....

Might be able to get a protective casing to go over it, best of both worlds.

esq3585;6886440

Might be able to get a protective casing to go over it, best of both … Might be able to get a protective casing to go over it, best of both worlds.

+1, thats what I'd do too xx

Original Poster

esq3585;6886440

Might be able to get a protective casing to go over it, best of both … Might be able to get a protective casing to go over it, best of both worlds.

I this the type of thing you mean

ebay item no 250528519690

Changing the actual casing is a dangerous sport! I've done 5 and 4 successes and a failure, when I broke the power button. You'll need a jewellers screwdriver set and a "tri-driver" as Nintendo fit special screws. To replace the housing you do indeed have to disconnect the top screen and wifi module.
    This] link takes you to a full step-by-step description on how to do it.

pinkkitty2007;6886515

I this the type of thing you meanebay item no 250528519690

Yep that would be perfect and should also protect it quite well. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764542
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230714
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963013
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448

See more discussions