ds lite hinge repair

HI, My son's ds hinge is broke there's about a millimetre missing from it as he opened it too far so it was flat which nintendo said can brake the hinge, is Nintendo repair the only option as i looked at another website and they were charging more. Or is it really hard to replace the whole case yourself. Many thanks xxx

16 Comments

Banned

is it the ds or the ds lite, the latter is harder to replace, but still can be done, you just need extreme patience

Original Poster

sassie;5245902

is it the ds or the ds lite, the latter is harder to replace, but still … is it the ds or the ds lite, the latter is harder to replace, but still can be done, you just need extreme patience

hi sassie, sorry it;s the ds lite, and patience i don't have a lot of knowing my luck i would do more damage xxx:oops:

Banned

I have to admit i watched my nephew do one, and you really do need patience, not sure i could do one, its all very fiddly, he just took his time i drew a diagram to each bit he took off, so he new how to put it back together, i believe theres also lots of help on youtube, how old is it?

I too have very little patience.
I was given a ds lite which needed repair and after looking it up on the web I decided it was beyond my capabilities!:whistling:

I found this site which repaired it for me. Sent it to them and it was back and repaired within a few days. I highly recommend them.

I know it is loads cheaper to fix it yourself but not everyone is capable.:oops:

consoledoctor.co.uk/nin…/19

Check this site out for a graphic discription of how to do it and Deal Extreme sell all parts you need.

site.powergamingparts.com/Rep…tml

Original Poster

sassie;5245961

I have to admit i watched my nephew do one, and you really do need … I have to admit i watched my nephew do one, and you really do need patience, not sure i could do one, its all very fiddly, he just took his time i drew a diagram to each bit he took off, so he new how to put it back together, i believe theres also lots of help on youtube, how old is it?

thanks xxx

LisaJT;5245989

I too have very little patience.I was given a ds lite which needed repair … I too have very little patience.I was given a ds lite which needed repair and after looking it up on the web I decided it was beyond my capabilities!:whistling:I found this site which repaired it for me. Sent it to them and it was back and repaired within a few days. I highly recommend them.I know it is loads cheaper to fix it yourself but not everyone is capable.:oops:http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/nintendo-repairs/nintendo-ds-lite-repair/case-repair-for-snapped-or-cracked-hinge/19

will give them a ring cheers xxx

rbquk;5245998

Check this site out for a graphic discription of how to do it and Deal … Check this site out for a graphic discription of how to do it and Deal Extreme sell all parts you need.http://site.powergamingparts.com/RepairNdsl.html

thanks very much xxx

Banned

angel how old is it? if its only months old you will invalidate any warranty left if you do this yourself, and if under 12 months i would be pushing them to repair under warranty,

Angelstar;5246014

thanks xxxthanks very much xxx

NP but I would seriously see about a professional doing it as its very tricky, you could also call Nintendo and see what they say if its still in warranty.

Original Poster

it's not very old but i bought it from ebay but i have the original box, i was just thinking that myself as surely it should still be under warrenty

Original Poster

rbquk;5246030

NP but I would seriously see about a professional doing it as its very … NP but I would seriously see about a professional doing it as its very tricky, you could also call Nintendo and see what they say if its still in warranty.

i phoned them and they said £29.85 for a repair to the hinge or £55.00 for a new case xxx

Also I know that Nintendo used to repair the Hinge for free but I do not know if that is still the case but it would not hurt to ring them and if you get no joy then ask to speak to someone higher up after all no ds means no money spent on games.

Banned

i dont know how true this is and have said it may times on here but no one ever onfirms it, but i have been told by someone they took in a ds lite to gamestation as it was broke and they offered to sell them the warranty there and then and would replace it there and then, like i say dont know how true it is

Original Poster

rbquk;5246054

Also I know that Nintendo used to repair the Hinge for free but I do not … Also I know that Nintendo used to repair the Hinge for free but I do not know if that is still the case but it would not hurt to ring them and if you get no joy then ask to speak to someone higher up after all no ds means no money spent on games.

i said to them about the common fault with the hinge and he said it's only in america, is there a way i could find out when it was made as to see if it's still in warrenty ? xxx

Original Poster

sassie;5246065

i dont know how true this is and have said it may times on here but no … i dont know how true this is and have said it may times on here but no one ever onfirms it, but i have been told by someone they took in a ds lite to gamestation as it was broke and they offered to sell them the warranty there and then and would replace it there and then, like i say dont know how true it is

worth a try xxx:thumbsup:

Angelstar;5246068

i said to them about the common fault with the hinge and he said it's … i said to them about the common fault with the hinge and he said it's only in america, is there a way i could find out when it was made as to see if it's still in warrenty ? xxx

To be honest I do not know how to tell if in warranty, the only suggestion is to contact the person you bought it from on ebay and ask them but that is a long shot or maybe the serial number gives the build date. Being honest i dont think you have any chance with Nintendo so you best bet is to either do the repair yourself, get a professional to do it or sell it on ebay advertised with a broken hinge (can sell for £30+ as people can repair for pennies) and buy a new/2nd hand one.

Good luck.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5246624

Once you've had it repaired it may be worth getting one of these cases … Once you've had it repaired it may be worth getting one of these cases ](link to pic)My kids have one, they're quite sturdy and help prevent them getting broke again:thumbsup:

good thinking thanks xxx

rbquk;5247406

To be honest I do not know how to tell if in warranty, the only … To be honest I do not know how to tell if in warranty, the only suggestion is to contact the person you bought it from on ebay and ask them but that is a long shot or maybe the serial number gives the build date. Being honest i dont think you have any chance with Nintendo so you best bet is to either do the repair yourself, get a professional to do it or sell it on ebay advertised with a broken hinge (can sell for £30+ as people can repair for pennies) and buy a new/2nd hand one.Good luck.

thanks, i have emailed the seller but whether they will reply or not i don't know, looks like it's a nintendo £30 repair job lol thanks for your help though xxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 18318
    2. Sad news about Barcelona813
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764041
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213607

See more discussions