DS Lite Q's

Hi guys,

Got a DS Lite at the weekend, and using an M3 DS Real cart with it, which works like a dream !!

Got few q's though......

How do you use an IE with it ? Is it built in (if so where), or do you have to download one for it ?

I have the M3 Real perfect bundle with the GBA slot that allows you to get on the net, but not sure how ?

Also, is it possible to connect to your wireless access point if it uses WPA security ? The DS only asks for the WEP key, and can't connect if i'm using WPA ? Anyone know how ?

I think it's great that a few of you can play a multiplayer game when only one of you has the game itself !! Fab !!

Thanks in advance

11 Comments

Original Poster

Bit late for a response ? lol

im afraid the DS only accepts WEP, im not sure if its changed since i used it but the only way you can get on the net is if you use the proper nintendo ram pack, or the older slot 2 m3 devices, but you will need to patch it, cant remember where i found the patch last time but google is your friend, and also it is very very slow if you are browsing using your ds and the opera software isnt very good.

kk_cheung;1481440

im afraid the DS only accepts WEP, im not sure if its changed since i … im afraid the DS only accepts WEP, im not sure if its changed since i used it but the only way you can get on the net is if you use the proper nintendo ram pack, or the older slot 2 m3 devices, but you will need to patch it, cant remember where i found the patch last time but google is your friend, and also it is very very slow if you are browsing using your ds and the opera software isnt very good.

Nope doesnt connect to WPA and im pretty sure the wii is the same in connecting only to WEP. You will have to go into router settings to change into WEP

Depends what you want to browse, i.e browsing bbc with low graphics and other wesbites lke mail clients are ok but everything else is definitely too slow.

Original Poster

Thats a bit poo aint it !!

Wii works OK with WPA, had it on that for over a year - I want to log online to play the DS games online, but can't do so without changing my security settings.

Not downgrading security just to play on the DS online, it's too easy to get into WEP networks these days

If anyone knows a way, let me know.

My son got a DS Lite for christmas - Can someone explain the internet thing?? Do you need a special something? I asked him about it and he said he couldnt get online. Curiosity is raging at the mo!

Original Poster

Do you have wireless internet ?

If so, you can connect to the access point if you have no security, or WEP.

If you have WPA, you cannot connect.

You also need a slot 2 expansion pack to access the net, and buy the Internet Browser.

From what I've read, it's not worth it - but he can play other people on the net via the DS if you have one of the above.

ChrisUK;1481596

Thats a bit poo aint it !!Wii works OK with WPA, had it on that for over … Thats a bit poo aint it !!Wii works OK with WPA, had it on that for over a year - I want to log online to play the DS games online, but can't do so without changing my security settings.Not downgrading security just to play on the DS online, it's too easy to get into WEP networks these days :(If anyone knows a way, let me know.

WEP is fine, yes in know its not half as good as WPA but who is really going to hack into your stuff, your neighbours? Or the guy walking past your house that happens to have a laptop on searching for open wifi.

Original Poster

kk_cheung;1482072

WEP is fine, yes in know its not half as good as WPA but who is really … WEP is fine, yes in know its not half as good as WPA but who is really going to hack into your stuff, your neighbours? Or the guy walking past your house that happens to have a laptop on searching for open wifi.

You never know, you'll be wanting to have no security next, who's going to search for an open network..............

Banned

excuse me going off topic but how does someone connect to your internet without your wep key, surely they cant just guess all those letters:?

sassie;1482310

excuse me going off topic but how does someone connect to your internet … excuse me going off topic but how does someone connect to your internet without your wep key, surely they cant just guess all those letters:?

I have no idea but people can do anything noawadays

didnt know the wii works with WPA gonna try it now thanks - i always assumed it wouldnt work stupid me

Original Poster

sassie;1482310

excuse me going off topic but how does someone connect to your internet … excuse me going off topic but how does someone connect to your internet without your wep key, surely they cant just guess all those letters:?

Not guessing, they use a piece of software, doesn't take long to get your WEP key, thats why I use WPA2.

nipperkipper;1482420

I have no idea but people can do anything noawadaysdidnt know the wii … I have no idea but people can do anything noawadaysdidnt know the wii works with WPA gonna try it now thanks - i always assumed it wouldnt work stupid me

Yea, it worked 1st go mate
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1850
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923

See more discussions