Groups

DS Lite, scratched bottom screen

Firstly sorry for what may seem a dim question, but my daughter has used a sharp object on the bottom screen of our ds lite. To replace the screen is it the LCD screen or touch screen I buy?
    Also the top half of the ds flops about a little & doesn't stay up on it's own, is that a broken hinge, and how easy is it to replace?
    Thanks in advance

7 Comments

I admit i dont know the answer , but you will def find it here : ifixit.com/
    and search ds lite

Touchscreen

Original Poster

effingandjeffing

I admit i dont know the answer , but you will def find it here … I admit i dont know the answer , but you will def find it here :http://www.ifixit.com/and search ds lite

Thank you, I'll have a look
    Mallinersha

Touchscreen

Thank you

fleebay item number 220553916225 £3.45 delivered this is the touch screen top section
    if you have any lcd damage you need both parts ie liquid crystal damage looks like a liquid spodge or a line going across screen if it looks ok and just wont touch correctly it sounds like its the item listed above you will need the tri wing screw driver set they are £2 on same auction site

Original Poster

wanderer

fleebay item number 220553916225 £3.45 delivered this is the touch screen … fleebay item number 220553916225 £3.45 delivered this is the touch screen top section if you have any lcd damage you need both parts ie liquid crystal damage looks like a liquid spodge or a line going across screen if it looks ok and just wont touch correctly it sounds like its the item listed above you will need the tri wing screw driver set they are £2 on same auction site

That's great thank you.
    No inside damage afaik, it's just badly scratched so doesn't respond that well in that area. Is it pretty straight forward to do, I mean I can't go far wrong with it?

there is a youtube video on the sellers page have a look and see how you feel

Original Poster

wanderer

there is a youtube video on the sellers page have a look and see how you … there is a youtube video on the sellers page have a look and see how you feel

I will do, thanks for your help it's appreciated
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3711437
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514151
      3. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604

See more discussions