Groups

DS Lite Screen Issue

I have an old DS Lite I found in a draw, plugged it in to charge and seems to charge fine. Then I turned it on, the nintendo logo will come up and then it goes white... any ideas?

3 Comments

Yes the ribbon cable on the LCD or both the LCD and ribbon are gone. In both cases you'll need a replacement LCD since the ribbon is attached to in on the DS lite. Both lcds can be bought on eBay, here a link for the upper LCD from china £3.87. Easy to replace but you need a bit f practise!

ebay.co.uk/itm…039

Just offering an alternative opinion regarding the fitting of the top screen on a ds lite. I found it really fiddly and it also involves soldering of the speaker wires. Obviously it's difficulty depends on personal skill, watch a YouTube video before deciding.

Original Poster

mixmixi

Yes the ribbon cable on the LCD or both the LCD and ribbon are gone. In … Yes the ribbon cable on the LCD or both the LCD and ribbon are gone. In both cases you'll need a replacement LCD since the ribbon is attached to in on the DS lite. Both lcds can be bought on eBay, here a link for the upper LCD from china £3.87. Easy to replace but you need a bit f practise!https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311540817039

Well I put in a TTDS card and games work fine, just no DS Lite menu and I can't access anything such as settings
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767421
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1026
      3. One for the mathmeticians1624
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64490

See more discussions