Groups

DS Lite touch screen problems :(

Against my better judgment, I bought a second hand DS lite off fleabay. The touch screen doesn't calibrate properly and in a lot of places, the DS registers the touch as a bit off to the right or left.

I've ordered a new touch screen already but was wondering if anyone has had any success with DIY methods, so I can try them while I wait for the screen to arrive.

Thanks! Rep 4 help

4 Comments

its not the screen silly,,brain training catches the less intellectual out all the time!:thumbsup:

Have you tried to recalibrate it in the settings?

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;5847069

Only option is new screen.Fairly easy to do.Search u tube for video … Only option is new screen.Fairly easy to do.Search u tube for video instructions.:thumbsup:Just be very careful with the little clips that hold the tiny ribbon cables.Have you ordered your tri wing screwdriver also.

Yup, comes with the required tools which is handy. Just been looking on youtube and it doesn't look too difficult to do so i'll just hold out until it arrives. The screen was dispatched from HK yesterday so hopefully it'll be here within a week..

Met-Cast;5847122

Have you tried to recalibrate it in the settings?

Yup, sooo many times! :-(

becareful of the on and off switch they seem to break easy when you try and put them back together
    i guess you have tried cleaning the screen with a toothbrush it help my sons had loads of bits on the screen under the edges of the screen
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523467
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3641408
      3. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…46
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514149

See more discussions