DS made essential in Japanese schools

Found 16th Mar 2009
taken from digital spy
digitalspy.co.uk/gam…tml

Elementary and middle schools in Osaka, Japan are distributing free Nintendo DS consoles among students to aid learning.

The Osaka Board of Education made the devices mandatory in January, with software such as Brain Age and My Japanese Coach being put to practical use in classrooms.

Critics of the scheme have expressed their anger at taxpayers' money ending up in Nintendo's pockets, and the potential for students to abuse the scheme.

Around ten schools in the region have opted in to the programme, but it remains to be seen whether it will be adopted on a wider scale across the Far East.

5 Comments

The ds is also being tested in UK schools.
( If I remember right it's in Scotland atm )

haha lol

this sort of thing would never happen here, they cant even afford to cook school dinners at most schools now, they have them brought in.
they used to do cooking lessons when i was at school, now they wonder why kids cant cook, some schools are THINKING of bringing it back in.

wickedteen;4656853

this sort of thing would never happen here, they cant even afford to cook … this sort of thing would never happen here, they cant even afford to cook school dinners at most schools now, they have them brought in.they used to do cooking lessons when i was at school, now they wonder why kids cant cook, some schools are THINKING of bringing it back in.

technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol…ece

Thought I read it........

in scotland, i bet it wont get past the border, lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322851
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2543
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1334
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2340

See more discussions