Groups

DSi help

Okay let me give a bit of background info. I have a jap psp that i have owned since japanese release and i have backed up all my discs to iso and i then play my iso's through custom firmware.

Today i got delivery of a DSi. Been curious for a while as to what the fuss is about so i got one. Only got one official game and thats anno and for some reason it isnt working but thats beside the point. Any way of doing homebrew on the DSi? i read online that you can buy a game cartridge that allows you to play them off sd card?

Can anyone point me to a place that explains it for a noob to dsi like me?

15 Comments

Do the flash cards like DSTT work on DSi?

nope you need the new versions like ttdsi and acekard

Not sure but I have been told that the DSi will not take homebrew/back up dstt/R4etc. That's one of the reasons a lot of people are sticking with the original. Hth.

the dsi will play homebrew but you have to buy one of the i cards such as r4i,dstti and acekard 2i, i have purchased the r4i and working fine:thumbsup:

waycash;4820624

the dsi will play homebrew but you have to buy one of the i cards such as … the dsi will play homebrew but you have to buy one of the i cards such as r4i,dstti and acekard 2i, i have purchased the r4i and working fine:thumbsup:

Thanks waycash, I have been misinformed!

Original Poster

waycash;4820624

the dsi will play homebrew but you have to buy one of the i cards such as … the dsi will play homebrew but you have to buy one of the i cards such as r4i,dstti and acekard 2i, i have purchased the r4i and working fine:thumbsup:

R4i any good? what would you recommend? how do they work? where shall i get it from?

i found the cheapest place was [url]www.flash-gadgets.co.uk[/url] i paid £22.99 delivered and all you do is download the required files put them on the card and then put your backup game on then you can play to your hearts content:thumbsup:

Supermod

Have you looked on [url]www.dealextreme.com[/url] for the DSTTi? Its about £10...

Original Poster

waycash;4823541

i found the cheapest place was [url]www.flash-gadgets.co.uk[/url] i paid … i found the cheapest place was [url]www.flash-gadgets.co.uk[/url] i paid £22.99 delivered and all you do is download the required files put them on the card and then put your backup game on then you can play to your hearts content:thumbsup:

And what are these required files? Where can i get them?

Deal extreme will take ages and their stuff is normally poo quality but thanks anyway. Anyone know a good forum for this r4i thing with guides and so forth?

EDIT... Just seen the download bit after the purchase. Looks proper good this. Everyone been repped up to now.

Your in luck mate, I was thinking which one to get from DS lite or DSi and did some research.

The Acekard 2i is the one you want, $18 from DX: dealextreme.com/det…728

Does homebrew and ROMS.

Original Poster

rash;4824002

Your in luck mate, I was thinking which one to get from DS lite or DSi … Your in luck mate, I was thinking which one to get from DS lite or DSi and did some research.The Acekard 2i is the one you want, $18 from DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728Does homebrew and ROMS.

So why this one and not the r4i?

And i am right in thinking you don't have to flash the firmware on the actual console itself, you just use this when you want to and you can access official nintendo things such as shop like normal? it wont brick the console?

Sematic;4824360

So why this one and not the r4i?And i am right in thinking you don't have … So why this one and not the r4i?And i am right in thinking you don't have to flash the firmware on the actual console itself, you just use this when you want to and you can access official nintendo things such as shop like normal? it wont brick the console?

Read some of the reviews. It is really easy to use. Just download firmware put onto a microSD and off you go.

you will still need to do some more research on this as the DSi firmware is upgradeable - so a newer firmware may block this.

I just chose it because I don't have to worry about trawling through the net and figuring out how to use it - time I don't have.

Also the firmware is open source so I can change it if I want and add new features to it.

Original Poster

rash;4824520

Read some of the reviews. It is really easy to use. Just download … Read some of the reviews. It is really easy to use. Just download firmware put onto a microSD and off you go.you will still need to do some more research on this as the DSi firmware is upgradeable - so a newer firmware may block this.I just chose it because I don't have to worry about trawling through the net and figuring out how to use it - time I don't have. Also the firmware is open source so I can change it if I want and add new features to it.

Yeh seen some of the reviews, thanks for that mate it looks good i think i will give it a go. If dsi bring out firmware that blocks it then will acekard not just bring out a new firmware to combat it?

Sematic;4823641

And what are these required files? Where can i get them?Deal extreme will … And what are these required files? Where can i get them?Deal extreme will take ages and their stuff is normally poo quality but thanks anyway. Anyone know a good forum for this r4i thing with guides and so forth?EDIT... Just seen the download bit after the purchase. Looks proper good this. Everyone been repped up to now.

My one odered from dealextreme took 5 days to arrive and it's the same quality as anywhere else - it's a cartridge! Admittedly they do sell some ropey quality tat, but I've had lots of decent stuff from them as well, and this is the same cart as you would pay two or three times the price for elsewhere.

I'd recommend the AKAIO 1.4.1 software - just Google for it.

Original Poster

kjsav123;4827357

My one odered from dealextreme took 5 days to arrive and it's the same … My one odered from dealextreme took 5 days to arrive and it's the same quality as anywhere else - it's a cartridge! Admittedly they do sell some ropey quality tat, but I've had lots of decent stuff from them as well, and this is the same cart as you would pay two or three times the price for elsewhere.I'd recommend the AKAIO 1.4.1 software - just Google for it.

I have decided to go for the acekard 2i. Just reading a lot of the reviews and after advice off a few on here. Looks easy to use and can be used as a passgo for the sd card so i wouldnt have to buy a micro sd. Only problem is deal extreme are sold out and awaiting stock for the 11th april. I have placed an order though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010
      2. word association Game72844181
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?34208
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138

See more discussions