Found 9th Mar 2009
hi, i am going to vegas towards the end of april.hoping to get two DSi's(for me and the missus) I will because i can get a flashcart compatible for the dsi so the region locking would not be a problem for games.

but how far will the rest of the dsi's region locking go to? can i still browse internet and stuff?

ps.i am just asking for information about importing,not requesting any links

12 Comments

The first question you need to ask yourself is "Is it worth buying a DSi in the U.S?".

The exchange rate has killed any worthwhile saving in getting a regular DS lite in the US, is the price differential that much between the price of the DSi?

its only the special dsi games that are region locked-not normal ds compatible ones.

as thesaint already said-you are not gonna get any bargains in america on these given the current exchange rate-you may as well get yourself a deal in the uk on 3rd april.

the days of getting cheap ipods/consoles etc in america are long gone

isnt the only diffrance between the DS and the DSi is the camera?

Tanchi;4589258

isnt the only diffrance between the DS and the DSi is the camera?

Think so, It's a big con, 99% of DS owners will want one.

2 cameras, built in card slot, larger screens. yeah, what a con.

There will be more online content that is region specific, the reason nintendo claim for region locking so assume online content to be region locked also.

No it also comes with an SD slot so you can play music, view and save files on it. If I was you I would get the DSi from UK, apart from the little difference in price you will at least a warranty if anything goes wrong (like 80% of most new products).

shanecr;4589296

2 cameras, built in card slot, larger screens. yeah, what a con.There … 2 cameras, built in card slot, larger screens. yeah, what a con.There will be more online content that is region specific, the reason nintendo claim for region locking so assume online content to be region locked also.

Ok, so you do get a little extra for your money, But not really worth it as an upgrade.

Wonder how many camera's folks need these days.

Check list

*Mobile phone
*Digital camera
*Watch camera
*Spy camera
*DSI camera

I think I'm right in saying that on the DSi, both screens are touchscreens, not just the bottom one.

shauneco;4589347

Ok, so you do get a little extra for your money, But not really worth it … Ok, so you do get a little extra for your money, But not really worth it as an upgrade.Wonder how many camera's folks need these days.Check list*Mobile phone*Digital camera*Watch camera*Spy camera*DSI camera

what use is a camera on a phone when playing a game on a ds that makes use of a camera were it built in ???

4leafed;4589356

I think I'm right in saying that on the DSi, both screens are … I think I'm right in saying that on the DSi, both screens are touchscreens, not just the bottom one.

no. you are wrong.

camera is 0.3 mp so its worthless in my opinion-probably anyone not already owning a lite will buy the dsi but as an upgrade dont think its that great for the extra money tbh.

Original Poster

i really want to download n64 games via the store just my wii points i bought from woolies for £1.40
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1959
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    4. Add one, leave one game54415416

See more discussions