Found 18th Oct 2009
Hiya

I am looking at getting the girlfriend a DSI or a DS Lite for xmas (im being organised this year and looking early!!!)

Was just looking on general opinions on is the DSI worth the extra cash. Don't think she will use the camara of the mp3 option, so I'm thinking no, but are the other benefits worth the extra ££?

Ta

14 Comments

DS lite and a card from dealextreme to load all the games on!
DSi is not worth the extra at the moment so save the money and buy and card and download games
you can play mp3 and movies too -- but you wont have the camera

Only other difference is the Dsi has got a web browser in so she can use the Internet. I would get the ds lite tbh.

I would say the DS lite aswell, dont think the extras on the DSI are worth it

A PsP

we have 2 ds lites in our household and wouldnt swap either for a DSi as we love to play guitar hero and as the newer dsi doesnt have a gameboy advance slot you cant play GH on it. also my little girl loves to play the old gba games like sonic/mario/spongebob etc and these are so much cheaper to pick up than ds games.

adrian96;6612867

A PsP

Anyone else think that PSP games are a lot more blokey than DS games, i mean you get brain training, the fitness thing, mario etc but on psp it is all fighting & driving, only game i ever really liked on PSP was locoroco

Original Poster

cheers all, kind of backed up what I was thinking! I've just looked on Amazon who are doing the dsi, a game and an accessory kit for £135, and the DS lite with a two games and the accessory kit is about £5 more.....ahhh decisons decisons!!

fuzzymuzzy;6613115

cheers all, kind of backed up what I was thinking! I've just looked on … cheers all, kind of backed up what I was thinking! I've just looked on Amazon who are doing the dsi, a game and an accessory kit for £135, and the DS lite with a two games and the accessory kit is about £5 more.....ahhh decisons decisons!!

If I was you I wouldn't bother with the games just buy an acekard for about £5 and a memory card and load games on. :thumbsup:

fuzzymuzzy;6613115

cheers all, kind of backed up what I was thinking! I've just looked on … cheers all, kind of backed up what I was thinking! I've just looked on Amazon who are doing the dsi, a game and an accessory kit for £135, and the DS lite with a two games and the accessory kit is about £5 more.....ahhh decisons decisons!!

Game have some good bundle deals - look here game.co.uk/low…ack :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks, I'll think i'll go with the lite. Incenditally, I asked for psp!! bit more blokey as you say!!

Jimston;6612885

Anyone else think that PSP games are a lot more blokey than DS games, i … Anyone else think that PSP games are a lot more blokey than DS games, i mean you get brain training, the fitness thing, mario etc but on psp it is all fighting & driving, only game i ever really liked on PSP was locoroco

Yeah, but psp n stuff

Original Poster

adrian96;6613335

Yeah, but psp n stuff

??

Where can you download games?

Thanks vinylandtrinkets...a whole new world has opened up for me (and my niece)...have repped you :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions