Groups

DSLR advice pls

Looking at a sony alpha A290 on the Jessops site, £299. Reviews seem ok but not sure if its any good spec wise? Any experts on here?

7 Comments

Banned

I prefer Sony to Canon or Nikon, but having used models from each I have to say there isn't that much difference between them.
    One thing that is a must, go into a shop and hold all the ones you are looking at. If you don't like the feel of a camera then it probably isn't for you.

Banned

dcx_badass

I'd get a Canon 1000D.

Why?

Original Poster

Thanks Colin, will go and have a look. Have a Fujifilm S1500 which I cannot get on with and want to upgrade

Original Poster

£300 my budget really

Are the lenses supplied changeable and would I need to change it or is it sufficient?
    Edited by: "bargainhunter2009" 23rd Oct 2010

colinsunderland

Why?

because he has one and it's the only thing he can give a biased review on

Banned

bargainhunter2009

£300 my budget reallyAre the lenses supplied changeable and would I need … £300 my budget reallyAre the lenses supplied changeable and would I need to change it or is it sufficient?

It depends what you wnat to use it for. Normal everyday shots are fine with the kit lens, but as you get more into photography, you'll probably want to do more, so will probably add more lenses as you go. But the same is true for any camera.
    One major plus for teh sony is that it has in body stabilisation, whereas other camera's you need to buy it in the lens (if you want it) which makes the lenses cost more. You can also use old mintola lenses on Sony (well a lot of them anyway)

dcx_badass

Because I spent a lot of time researching it and it came out on top, so … Because I spent a lot of time researching it and it came out on top, so work bought one for me to play with/use (used daily for about 4 months) and I found it fantastic so went out and bought one. Also tried them all out in shops and it handled best for me.

I've never used a 1000D but on the canons I have I did prefer them to Nikon.

I will be selling this lot soon,putting it on the bay next weekend, i know it is a bit out of your budget but how fixed is the £300 budget?
    hotukdeals.com/mis…04/

check out camerapricebuster.co.uk for the best prices on all equipment
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***11
      2. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1122
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109

See more discussions