Dslr camera

Found 10th Apr
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a dslr camera and have been looking for a camera around the £500 Mark. at the moment l've got a nikon d60 but would like to update. as I've used a nikon previously I've been looking at these. has anyone got any recommendations?

I've noticed on Amazon they have the d5300 for around 450 but I'm unsure about the seller NGA Uk and the warranty it would provide..

would appreciate some advice 😁

thanks
Paul
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
I've got a D5300 and quite happy with it. However I paid £450 18 months ago. E-infinity are selling for £369.00

Reviews of the site can be found here uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
Original Poster
xfaxfa13 h, 2 m ago

I've got a D5300 and quite happy with it. However I paid £450 18 months …I've got a D5300 and quite happy with it. However I paid £450 18 months ago. E-infinity are selling for £369.00Reviews of the site can be found here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/e-infin.com

Thanks for the reply. They certainly are cheaper on there and I can't find any bad reviews. Has everything been alright with your camera since buying?

Thanks again 😁
Original Poster
ccnp12 h, 27 m ago

As you have already gone down the Nikon route (like me), you will find …As you have already gone down the Nikon route (like me), you will find good advice here on current modelswww.bythom.comYou can find good UK deals herehttps://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-Digital-SLRs

Thanks for your reply ccnp, much appreciated 😁
I came back to this post after a think and recalled that the 3300 is an absolute belter of a camera for not a lot of money. Even a D90 is amazing value (I have kept mine and it gets a lot of use). A low shutter count 90 may be a really excellent next step from a 60.

Just a thought on how far to jump. If you look through Tom's articles, you will find comments to the effect that you can go too far in upgrading unless you are prepared to buy the newer lenses as well. As the bodies improve, they expose 'faults' in earlier glass work. The faults may be negligible to many but eventually you start noticing them.
sensation1 h, 42 m ago

Thanks for the reply. They certainly are cheaper on there and I can't find …Thanks for the reply. They certainly are cheaper on there and I can't find any bad reviews. Has everything been alright with your camera since buying? Thanks again 😁

It certainly has. Just make sure you've got extra batteries. Nothing worse than running out of juice. I've been using amazon.co.uk/gp/…rch
I have a D5500 and very pleased with it after about 1 years use.

I particularily need a light weight DSLR, but the 3000 series is too basic, and the 7000 series too heavy. I use the 18-55 and 55-200 VR11 lenses to keep the outfit light.

A short while ago I wanted a longer reach lens for occasional use and settled on the new Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 AF-P VR DX, reviewed on the Thom website.

dslrbodies.com/len…tml

Got it from eglobalcentral on ebay new for £120. Can't fault it or the service, delivered in I think 5 days, well packed.
Original Poster
xfaxfa6 h, 6 m ago

It certainly has. Just make sure you've got extra batteries. Nothing worse …It certainly has. Just make sure you've got extra batteries. Nothing worse than running out of juice. I've been using https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016D6RIL8/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1523444032&sr=8-7π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=d5300+battery&dpPl=1&dpID=517NOW8aTZL&ref=plSrch

I've gone for the d5600 on e-infin. Seems a lot cheaper than anywhere else and paid via PayPal (the only way I could pay)

The link given is appreciated. I've bought them aswell. Thank you 😁

Need to get a memory card now.
Edited by: "sensation" 11th Apr
Have a look at d53/5500 at Cex. Body only or with lens. You could trade your D60 against it.
It will be used but a 2 warranty A grade should be sound enough. Just check condition and shutter count.
ccnp9 h, 40 m ago

I came back to this post after a think and recalled that the 3300 is an …I came back to this post after a think and recalled that the 3300 is an absolute belter of a camera for not a lot of money. Even a D90 is amazing value (I have kept mine and it gets a lot of use). A low shutter count 90 may be a really excellent next step from a 60.Just a thought on how far to jump. If you look through Tom's articles, you will find comments to the effect that you can go too far in upgrading unless you are prepared to buy the newer lenses as well. As the bodies improve, they expose 'faults' in earlier glass work. The faults may be negligible to many but eventually you start noticing them.

D90 was a great camera. In low light it does lag a fair bit now though, in ISO noise. In good light then it would be an option.
Oneday7716 m ago

D90 was a great camera. In low light it does lag a fair bit now though, in …D90 was a great camera. In low light it does lag a fair bit now though, in ISO noise. In good light then it would be an option.

True. Had forgotten that. I use a 7200 now for a main camera so high ISO is no problem.
sensation8 h, 16 m ago

I've gone for the d5600 on e-infin. Seems a lot cheaper than anywhere else …I've gone for the d5600 on e-infin. Seems a lot cheaper than anywhere else and paid via PayPal (the only way I could pay) The link given is appreciated. I've bought them aswell. Thank you 😁 Need to get a memory card now.

I'd advise sticking to maximum capacity of 32gb. My 64gb failed within a week or 2, never missed a beat with my 32gb cards. The architecture of the cards is vastly different above 32gb and believe this introduces problems.
Happy snapping!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants