Groups
    EXPIRED

DSLR Starter Kit

I'm looking to upgrade to a digital SLR camera and don't know where to start. I'm aiming mainly for wildlife type phots and therefore need a good zoom ability.

Does anyone know of any good websites with reviews or current deals that they can point me in the direct of ?

Thanks

7 Comments

Steves digicams has long detailed reviews

steves-digicams.com/

Note it is a US based site, so some makes may have different model names or numbers over here.

He also has a "best camera" page

steves-digicams.com/bes…tml

[url]www.talkphotography.co.uk[/url] for loads of advice before, during and after you get your camera.

I have an Olympus E410 DSLR KIT with 14-42mm Lens, Boxed, Brand New for £235.00, Also have a mint Sony A100 Twin Lens kit with 70mm and 300mm lenses for £345.00 if interested!

Original Poster

Brill. Thanks guys. I'll go have a look and do some research.

trustedreview.com

use [url]www.camerapricebuster.co.uk[/url] to compare prices

for wild life you would really need a lens up to 200mm minimum so may be looking at a bundle with 2 lens so going to be expensive if you get a cannon the 55-250mm IS lens looks good value .

Before you buy go to jessops and hold them then buy what feels right , i would pick from cannon , nikkon or sony , the sony extra lens will be pricey so be careful,

i have a 450d canon and love it

make yourself a favour and buy used Nikon d50/d60/d70 or d80, any will be good and pair it with Nikon 70-200mm VR f/2.8 lens and your'll be happiest man alive!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      2. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1842
      4. word association Game73844451

See more discussions